NI Tech Support offers no support??

sant143143

I just finished sending Native Instruments an email about their tech support and how bad it is. Can anyone relate?

Here it is:

Hello my name is Santiago, and I recently purchased the NI Maschine Mikro. Like many of your first time user, I have a couple of issues with this product that I am trying to sort out. Like most people, I turned to google/youtube for help. No luck there. Despite of what people may think, they do not have the answer to everything.

I decided out of desperation to call NI tech support to get some help. While going through the menu options, I hear a short disclaimer about NI not offering any help on setting up, etc. One would think that after spending $xxx amount of dollars on their product you would be allowed some kind of assistance right. I was wrong.

A young man, tech support comes on the line and says "How can I help you today?" (dry emotion to his tone) I said "Hello, I am calling you because I have a couple of questions and problems with my unit.'' I start of with the question hoping that it may solve some of my problems.

After I asked the tech my first question, he remained quite for about 4 seconds. Dead silence literally. He answers my question with such an anger to his voice that made me feel like I was some kind of idiot or something. Keep in mind that I am a brand new user to Maschine Mikro.

Next, he quickly informed me that he was not going to waste any time what so ever helping me out. The tech referred me to search for videos on the web to help me out. Mind you that I did before calling NI tech support.

So after the quick brush off, I ask him "Why would a company offer no tech support for a product that is difficult to use?" "That does not make any sense to me." He then answers: " The company would lose massive amount of dollars by offering such help to THEIR customers."

By the end of our conversation, (which was super fast) I was left, and still have the same questions/problems with NI Maschine Mikro. If NI does a google/youtube search, they would quickly see that there are thousands of their customers out there who need help using THEIR product.

It makes NO SENSE not to offer tech support on any level to any of their customers period. I am sure that if I would have known ahead of time that NI has this "Limit tech support policy", I would have thought twice before buying such a complex product.

Also, I believe that most of your customers out there, that had known before hand about your policy, they too would have not purchased it either. NI needs to fix this issue. How much money would NI lose if their future customers know about NI current policies? "Massive amounts of dollars." Thank You.

Thanks' for that info man..it was pretty much helpful i guess...thanks for sharing...i really appreciate that..

I find it curious to say the least that somebody joins the site, utterly shamelessly attempts to denigrate NI, then never makes another contribution to the site again... I, would like to say that as an NI customer, I've actually found their customer service and their support excellent.

Back