MPC or Maschine?

Maschine Is Taking Over

Maschine is taking over because of the versatility, u dont have to surrender to looking at the cpu screen either. it comes with more sounds than mpc and it costs less(but u get more). a person that says MPC over Maschine doesnt like to learn new things(workflow-wise). but the REAL producers in the industry are starting to trade in their MPC for Maschine because of its versatility. heres one vid but i say watch them all and these are from MPC Legends that made a living off of the MPC Reclaiming the Remix w/ Maschine Ep 2: M.O.P "Ante Up" w/ D/R Period - YouTube

Maschine is taking over because of the versatility, u dont have to surrender to looking at the cpu screen either. it comes with more sounds than mpc and it costs less(but u get more). a person that says MPC over Maschine doesnt like to learn new things(workflow-wise). but the REAL producers in the industry are starting to trade in their MPC for Maschine because of its versatility. heres one vid but i say watch them all and these are from MPC Legends that made a living off of the MPC Reclaiming the Remix w/ Maschine Ep 2: M.O.P "Ante Up" w/ D/R Period - YouTube

So the renaissance or studio aren't as good as Maschine right?
GTFOH!
"real" producers are trading in their mpcs for maschine...........lol.You must have just started making beats or you're just a fanboy.The MPC is still widely used and can be the center piece
of ANY studio.The maschine is not some magic box.There are plenty of dudes making shitty tracks with Maschines (and MPCs).It's not the box though,it's the man.

Maschine is a nice bit of gear, but my complaint with it is that one *MUST* be connected to a PC to get the most out of it. Some people simply do not like involving computers in their work flow. This doesn't have anything to do with not being able to adapt to the times or any such nonsense. It simply means that some people have their preferences. I'd rather use a MPC because they are super reliable, easy to use, and I don't need to have a computer anywhere in sight. Like SoulGhost said, it's not about what you use... it's about what you do with what you've got. If you find a controller inspirational and affordable, by all means buy and use one...

ummm a lot of big name Mpc guys just moved over to the Ren. Some have both. Some moved to Maschine. Some just use an MPD. You sound like you have bought into advertising. Maschine is just another choice. Another tool. Its a good tool but let's not pretend like the Mpc series and Maschine are not equal.

I see people are still going on with this nonsense. You guys do really there are people making music that don't need/or have either right? MPC's had and still do have their place. Maschine is nice but it is not some revalation change the world thing, lol. They are tools, just tools. In reality if you know what you are doing you can pull off anything that you would do in Maschine, on an MPC (or any of the other hardware/software combos) with a MPD and any DAW. These companies make fortunes off of the the typical end users lack of understanding on how any of these things work. Everyone always want the next thing to "make it easier".

Sorry. Rant over. I'm getting old and cranky. lol

Maschine is taking over because of the versatility, u dont have to surrender to looking at the cpu screen either. it comes with more sounds than mpc and it costs less(but u get more). a person that says MPC over Maschine doesnt like to learn new things(workflow-wise). but the REAL producers in the industry are starting to trade in their MPC for Maschine because of its versatility.

Doesn't matter what the REAL producers are doing. Cause it's all about you and YOUR music and YOUR flow. My opinion is to go with whatever suits your flow. I bought an MPC500 and sold it quickly after...it was a nice little machine but the workflow was WAY to slow coming from software.

I like to get my ideas out of my head is quick as possible. With an MPD26 and Reason 5, my creativity is pretty much unlimited. I can do things, quicker, faster, and easier.

MPC is kool if your comfortable with the workflow and the type of beats you make with it...but like i said I don't like my creativity being limited. I'm unlimited with software DAW + controller. AND it's still a portable set-up

I had an mpc I liked it just couldn't get the hang of it, i used by boy maschine and it was a lot easier for me to load samples and play right to my DAW.. Actually thinking about buying one!

re

it doesnt really matter. dudes with talent can use whatever they have. you should use whatever works for you. that being said, I prefer a mpc as my sequencer, but I dont have to use it. Though, one place where they excel, is in sending out midi really tight, not an area the computer excels in at at all. So for some guys that is a big deal.

When you say "MPC", I'm assuming you're NOT talking about the latest versions which integrate with your computer.

There are a lot of opinions here, but:

MPC if you don't want to use a computer. MPC if you want to use it on-the-go in the most portable package. MPC if you want that trendy retro street-cred-hipster image.

Maschine if you do want to use a computer. Maschine if you're comfortable with the modern DAW workflow.

Cool thing about Maschine is that as a modern software/hardware hybrid, features are still being added (albeit slowly). Any problem you have with Maschine today might be gone tomorrow. Not sure whether the "JJOS" is updated with new features like that.

-Ki
Salem Beats

MPC's are for hardware lovers, and people that want to produce on the go. Maschines are for sample heads, they have an amazing software that is really fluid and detailed. I'm broke so I just rock a MPK25.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the MPC Renaissance has a Piano Roll like FL Studio has.
Where you can set notes in the Piano Roll by mouse?
Does it have ghost channels like FL's Piano Roll.

If it has those 2 features im sold on the MPC Ren.

Does anybody know if the MPC Renaissance has a Piano Roll like FL Studio has.
Where you can set notes in the Piano Roll by mouse?
Does it have ghost channels like FL's Piano Roll.

If it has those 2 features im sold on the MPC Ren.

MPC_Software_Main_Screen_1200x750.jpg

Peace

The Maschine seems revolutionary but I see a pattern where many users will abandon it after they purchase it and it just sits there collecting dust. A buddy of mine purchased one a few years ago and stopped using it because he didnt like the timing compared to the mpc swing. Just look at the maschine videos on youtube. Most users dont bang out beat after beat like the MPC users do.The workflow seems cumbersome and not as fluid.

Last edited:
I see Maschine as more evolutionary. Prior to its release, Battery + MPD, Reason + MPD, etc were being used. NI just improved upon an already existing idea.

As I read through all the internet forums....there are numerous reports of issues with Maschine Studio and 2.0 software. This is not surprising to me at all. I expected some growing pains for new software especially since NI said this is completely new code. Will NI received the same scrutiny for the bugs in 2.0 as Akai has received for early MPC Software updates?

Back