Who's the Michael Jordan of Producing!??

labdummy

@LabDummy
In your opinion,

Who's the Michael Jordan?
Who's the Kobe?
Who's the KEVIN DURANT?
Who's the Lebron?

Last edited:
That's kinda difficult Lab, because you know the way we see producers is really something that has developed over the past few decades. Producers use to be the people who brought the project all together and made sure all the deadlines were met. Prior to the 1980s, the people we call producers were really the composers/songwriters/arrangers. Tough question outside of a specific genre. So I'll just say Dre for the Jordan of hip-hop and let the other folks fill in the rest.

ol heads gonna come in and say quincy jones

16 year olds gonna come in n say Lex Luger

Mannie Fresh has always been near the top of my list.. he is like the Dominique Wilkins of this shiit..

Last edited:
time never waits for anyone but history always repeats itself. personalitites came and went away more newer one would arise and go away..

Quincy Jones = Bill Russell

Jam and Lewis = Magic and Kareem

Teddy Riley = Michael Jordan

DJ Quik = Vinnie Johnson, Joe Dumars, James Worthy, Scottie Pippen...ect. (very underrated but will light that ass up)

Mike Will = Lebron James

Shawty Redd = Vince Carter

Lex Luger = Blake Griffin

Timbaland = Kobe

Dr.Dre = Olajuwon

The Neptunes = Tim Duncan and Tony Parker

Rice = Shepard from Above The Rim

I'll be back for more.

Last edited:
Quincy Jones = Bill Russell

Jam and Lewis = Magic and Kareem

Teddy Riley = Michael Jordan

DJ Quik = Vinnie Johnson, Joe Dumars, James Worthy, Scottie Pippen...ect. (very underrated but will light that ass up)

Mike Will = Lebron James

Shawty Redd = Vince Carter

Lex Luger = Blake Griffin

Timbaland = Kobe

Dr.Dre = Olajuwon

The Neptunes = Tim Duncan and Tony Parker

Rice = Shepard from Above The Rim

I'll be back for more.

Y'all niggas lame and just flat out ignorant of music if the first name you DON'T drop when it comes to producers is Quincy Jones.

More important names in the production game (all genres, of course)....

Mutt Lange

Gamble & Huff

George Martin

Curtis Mayfield

Phil Spector(the REAL Jordan of this production shit....)

Rick Rubin

Bob Rock

Lamont Dozier (one of the most slept on, yet sampled to death producers)

Bob James (Legend)

In your opinion,

Who's the Michael Jordan?
Who's the Kobe?
Who's the KEVIN DURANT?
Who's the Lebron?
you can't really do this for music especially if your doing diff genres... it'd make no sense.. for instance you know what your gonna get from kobe, lebron, mj year in and year out.. a producer might be hot for a second then you don't hear him producing tracks for months or even years...

Is this a real question bruh? lol

Exhibit A
air-yeezy-new-images-04.jpg

Can't really answer this.
Ima put it like this,

Hiphop is basketball, Rock music is baseball. Music period is Sports period.
This is why i can't answer the question cause, hiphop is a different ballgame whereas rock.

As far as hip hop Dr.Dre is without a doubt the MJ of producing. Don't even think to name any body else.

beatsbydrd_irysy3zv.jpg

jordan_logo.jpg

No brainer shit. But Quincy's headphones came first and are dedicated to musicians.........beats are for the sheep who are like "woooooooooo I can hear bass....wooooooooooohoooooooo...goooo Dr.Dre!"

Fuuck beats..........you want some bass MFer.......huh.......do you want some bass and save some money?

53597ab7_31geMTHwttL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
I think you spelled Jeremy Lin wrong.

Lex got producer of the year by B.E.T (or somebody). Vince Carter won a slam dunk contest.

I would say one of those teen pop producers is Lebron James.....I don't listen to teen pop, though. Don't know or look out for those producers (can't even remember their names). But their name pops up on FP all the time. Ole Katy Perry producer type dude.

But Mike Will out of all urban dudes has been doing his thing like Lebron, though.

Hit Boy = IDK.....I don't want to say he Kevin Durant.......but I'll give him the benifit of the doubt. Not a fan of his top hits with big names. Wait a minute.....he can be Lebron James.

Hit Boy = Lebron James...........both overrated.

Mike Will the new cat taking over out of the blue.

Last edited:
Back