What has happened to FP?

xtrordinare

I remember when i was on this site daily, contributing, learning, etc...I remember we, as a collective hated the fact that rappers wanted free beats, how they would always ask for a free beat and say, "ill shout u out on the record"

I start a thread, asking for a custom beat, I get 1 serious response...is this not what yall do? do yall not make beats? do yall not want money for what u do?

I mean, I'm baffled, what the hell do yall do on here anymore than? I hope ur not bitching about rappers not willing to pay for beats...I'm kinda speechless...if this is what FP has to offer, I'm done.

Shouts to deranged and shouts to beauli!

I'll tell you exactly what happened to FP.

Trolls.

Trolls come in, get jealous, start fights, start posting about a bunch of random shit, all in an attempt to "discredit" people so they can get all the attention.

And to be honest, lack of effective moderation. Some of the shit that's allowed to be posted in this forum is ridiculous.

So that's why I just left it alone. If this section goes to hell, then so be it. I'm still straight.

Kendall came back for the 32nd time and everybody left.

That's what happened to FP. No lie.

He turned this section into a Politics and Religion section.

So if you're not into politics or religion.... there's nothing to talk about here any more.

He keeps saying he wants to fight people on FP too but never gives out his address... smh.

Told me he was coming to Washington State... yeah, I live in the WHOLE state... smh.

... like I would really take some of my valuable time to meet him... smh.

... I bet he flexed in the mirror and gritted his teeth after he typed it too.... smh.

Fridays make me too happy. Kendall is aight. Just a lil too opinionated sometimes.

... I'm still to lazy to join another forum - so I'm still here.

Truth is... everybody went to Twitter. If you watch the news, Tweeting is serious business. They often refer to things people tweet.

I got on there yesterday for about 15 minutes and really couldn't get excited over the randomness of it all. I just don't get it.

Slacker Radio all day! (best subscription service...)

Last edited:
FP is definitely not the place it was back when I joined. I swear if I ever make enough money, I'm buyin' this shit back from Audiofanzine and putting some real money, mods (no offense deranged) and promotion into this thing.

There has to be a way where can weed out the trolls. Have like a new members "initiation" or something. Just dropping an email and making some random username can't be the only option it's too easy.

To be honest I would definitely get rid of this section. Force everybody to move out and expand out into the other sections to teach these youngins' coming in who don't know what ADSR is, or what an actual "808" is.

What would do this forum good is to get these industry cats to join, and turn off their private messaging option. Then we put promote them like "(Famous A&R/Producer Name Here), industry tips This Friday." Put up a ustream or youtube stream for FP members only and that person will be there for thirty minutes to an hour. . .

sorry for the rant . . .I have too many ideas flowing. . .what kinda beat are you looking for?

It's best to holla at people one on one after you listen to their music. I didn't see the thread. But now you come asking for beats when I'm busy as hell. I haven't made a beat in 2 months........well........actually I did just to mess with Ableton Live Lite. And OMG!!! The piano in it.........I love it!! One day I'll have fun with my MPD 32 again. It's collected a shit full of dust. But I was thinking about buying like a laptop stand and sitting my MPD 32 on it. Then it's on.

What am I thinking? I'm too lazy to get up and make beats. That is my whole purpose of getting the synthstation 25 and ipod touch. Lay down on the bed and make beats....shit. Sell all of this other shit.

There has to be a way where can weed out the trolls. Have like a new members "initiation" or something. Just dropping an email and making some random username can't be the only option it's too easy.

Simple. Don't tolerate their shit. Really, it's up to everyone not to let trolls take the boards down. Use that report button to report posts that are detrimental to the FP community. Don't engage trolls in their silliness.

Kendall had a problem with me and the other so called "vets". It's clear he wanted all the attention on the boards and wanted everyone to respect him as the "authority" and as a "Teacher".

So I stopped posting (as well as others) and let him have it.

And look what happened?

FP is definitely not the place it was back when I joined. I swear if I ever make enough money, I'm buyin' this shit back from Audiofanzine and putting some real money, mods (no offense deranged) and promotion into this thing.

I think the web forum format is dead (kinda)...

The NEW web forum format is the "comments section" of popular blogs. People visit different sites and now you can see tons of comments and people still post their Twitter and personal pages in their profiles. The story or video is the "thread topic". Think about how many "young" people would rather talk about a vid and have females joining in the convo and other rappers and not just solely "producers". Ain't no rappers or females posting here, lol.

It just the times. Go to CNN and there are a bunch of people arguing under every story using their CNN login name.

On here, somebody has to start a thread topic for people to talk about... (sometimes people won't post in threads based off of who started them... smh) but on a site like CNN or something (WSHH for you all) the thread topics are the stories on the page. So the "threads" are started by the site owners.

Here's what you do. You start a site called ProducerDiscussions.com or something and you post a video everyday and have producers come there to tear it apart or give it props. You only put up one a day, not a whole bunch. In other words, you start the "threads" and not wait for the members to ask "Name your top 5 producers" or "What's better FL Studio vs REASON".

I think I'm going to become a "commentor" on other sites... (I can't concentrate on work for 8 hours straight).

Alot of people read the comments after they read a story or watch a video. Even Youtube vids get tons of comments. Sooo.... everything has been thinned out because people have so many places to post their "comments".

Last edited:
Rome's got a point....

I like that ProducerDiscussions idea, having the site spark a conversation instead of waiting for the members to do it amongst themselves sounds a lot more in tune with current times

Rome's got a point....

I like that ProducerDiscussions idea, having the site spark a conversation instead of waiting for the members to do it amongst themselves sounds a lot more in tune with current times

... and that way the topic is always music production.

Not Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama...

... and there wouldn't be any groupie-ish threads like "Who's better? 2 Chainz or Lil Wayne?"...

AND! I think the reason people gravitate towards comments sections is because a lot of times the stories are "Real" and not just based on a "what / who's better" opinion type of thing... even though that's what the comments turn into.

You'll see a story like "General Petreaus cheats on wife with biographer..." BAM! comments and opinions for days.

It's sort of a "Hey site visitor? What do you think about this?" type of deal. Not a "Hmmm... I'm not doing anything so I'll start a thread... it will be called "What are you listening to now? .... there all done." .... crickets.

I think a guy on here tried it. It was called Thursday discussions or something.... but the topics were all over the place and it sounded like he was going for the second MediaTakeOut slot.

I don't know... lol. I think that people come here looking to interact / comment... and don't find any threads worth commenting in.

Last edited:
I kinda like this site. The craziness here is tame compared to other websites.

There really isn't much to music production besides making music and promoting it. So coming here to fool around is fun.

Forreal tho......that idea pretty much fixes most of FPs problems in one go.

And there really isn't another producer-centric site that comes to mind that does that already

Whoever implements that first could strike a jackpot

at the same time, like Desire is pointing out, the barbershop convo atmosphere of FP is something I have always liked about this place

Last edited:

He keeps saying he wants to fight people on FP too but never gives out his address... smh.

Told me he was coming to Washington State... yeah, I live in the WHOLE state... smh.

... I bet he flexed in the mirror and gritted his teeth after he typed it too.... smh.

Somebody get Romey Rome some neck medicine.

From what I've seen of the "comments" style pages, there are just as many trolls on those sites. At least here, the issue seems to be about a small # of people. There's actually only been one name mentioned so far here. So I like the idea that someone mentioned about better/different moderating. I do prefer many user-started threads rather than pound on one topic all day.

Can our community just formally agree that politics & religion don't belong here? And just set it straight moving forward? Anyone new comes in starting threads trying to convert people to neo-cons, and they get a warning or something from a mod?

I kinda like this site. The craziness here is tame compared to other websites.

Yeah, I agree. On MMA forums, the second post is always someone telling the original poster how stupid and soft he is, lol.

Big name producers don't show up on this site but on MMA sites... the real fighters show up and they wear the site T shirts, throw up signs in interviews and everything. They get a special green name that verifies that they are the fighter they claim to be. UFC President Dana White posts on one of 'em. He gives out tickets, runs contests and everything.

On that site, they have stories they post on the front page and people comment on them but they also just have a general area like FP where you can post almost anything except fighter bashing. They ban you for that... well, sometimes they do.

Last edited:
From what I've seen of the "comments" style pages, there are just as many trolls on those sites. At least here, the issue seems to be about a small # of people. There's actually only been one name mentioned so far here. So I like the idea that someone mentioned about better/different moderating. I do prefer many user-started threads rather than pound on one topic all day.

Can our community just formally agree that politics & religion don't belong here? And just set it straight moving forward? Anyone new comes in starting threads trying to convert people to neo-cons, and they get a warning or something from a mod?

That probably could be handled by members. Just post in the thread "Do Not Contribute, non-music related" or something and hopefully others will support that statement.

The thread will sink to the bottom and people probably won't post as many of 'em.

Self moderate like Troup said.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Somebody get Romey Rome some neck medicine.

I'm gonna stop messing with dude. He's the only one that would let me kill 15 minutes by going back and forth with me though.

... do people complain about the other sections? I haven't been to another section in years.

Last edited:

That's what happened to FP. No lie.

He turned this section into a Politics and Religion section.

So if you're not into politics or religion.... there's nothing to talk about here any more.

Fridays make me too happy. Kendall is aight. Just a lil too opinionated sometimes.

... I'm still to lazy to join another forum - so I'm still here.

Truth is... everybody went to Twitter. If you watch the news, Tweeting is serious business. They often refer to things people tweet.

I got on there yesterday for about 15 minutes and really couldn't get excited over the randomness of it all. I just don't get it.

Slacker Radio all day! (best subscription service...)

this aint my fault.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Funny how all you blaming me..for something that you made happen years ago.

I am not the reason for anything. Find a scapegoat with yourself
for not being productive in the music game and having news to report.

ALL YOU SOUND LIKE BITTER PEOPLE who needs someone to blame for stuff they never actually achieved.

If you had things going on.. whether I was here or not it would be fresh topics.

You have nothing going ....so you blame me... lol

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

KenDoll should open 2 new twitters and go to town on himself.

hmmm kendoll

Last edited:
Back