What direction do you think mainstream music will take in 2012?

i've heard and seen it all. it is true what you said but, each genre deserves it's own. i can't even bring in another genre into the topic right now. it'll will just derail what i said along with the thread. nothing will change if people don't talk about it frequently. that's for sure. i refuse to think negative about it. that's not a step forward.

Last edited:
I hope more people will start using real instruments (Bass, guitar, drums, etc...) as the main part of the instrumental. With a nice natural vocal.

Also more dynamics in the mixes instead of everything just being pushed.

Dubstep is so wack what in the world is the hype on it. Almost every dubstep producer sounds the same.

Dubstep will be the next disco.

Wob Wob Wob Wob.

I should have jumped on that bandwagon early with my production though, all those early adopters are loaded and making crazy show money.

the hipster movement will continue to grow, all of that electro, indie rock, and lo fi music will be everywhere... and Rick ross will also be a guest to appear for the Ellen Degeneres show.. that is when hip hop will become officially soft..

It better not.
It will be different this time around around because it's going to be combined with yodeling and a DAS EFX/Ned Flanders style, Banjos and accordions will replace synths and the TR-808 cowbell will become popular again (this will cause confusion on FP as people will refer to both kickdrums and cowbells as 808s) acoustic dubstep inspired by the early recordings of Rolf Harris and his wobble board will become the next big thing and some kid with a copy of fruity loops will misinterpret a youtube tutorial video on how to sound like Lex Luger and accidentally become the Kurt Cobain of his generation sweeping away the overindulgent bullshit just like Kurt did with the overindulgent big hair guitar crimes of his day.

:rolleyes: that's not Autotune, it's melodyne and they use it in reverse as a correction tool, because after his tracheotomy the poor guy sounds like a mumbling robot.

All jokes aside that is what people want now, internet jokes/memes/laughable train-wreak shit.

:rolleyes: that's not Autotune, it's melodyne and they use it in reverse as a correction tool, because after his tracheotomy the poor guy sounds like a mumbling robot.

All jokes aside that is what people want now, internet jokes/memes/laughable train-wreak shit.

It's still the same thing, pitch correction is pitch correction and almost every song I have heard for the last few years at least uses it somewhere on the songs.

Look for more LEFT FIELD beats that people are afraid to make like the one on that song Stupid B! by the YMCMB girl that's a barbie doll.

Bangladesh (even though he didn't make that, I don't think) is the pioneer of WTF IS THAT - HOP.

He said he was 10 years ahead of people and it seems he was right.

Look for more LEFT FIELD beats that people are afraid to make like the one on that song Stupid B! by the YMCMB girl that's a barbie doll.

Bangladesh (even though he didn't make that, I don't think) is the pioneer of WTF IS THAT - HOP.

He said he was 10 years ahead of people and it seems he was right.
This has got to be the dumbest shyt I have ever seen or heard even more so than some of the shyt soulja boy and lil b be putting out..

This has got to be the dumbest shyt I have ever seen or heard even more so than some of the shyt soulja boy and lil b be putting out..

That's what's coming though, lol. People will pretend to like it just to be in the in crowd.

... and you know... some of these artists are getting that Jay Z pass - whatever they put out HAS TO BE tight... just because of who they are. Like they're some musical geniuses and if you don't get it... YOU'RE THE WACK ONE.

It's the same thing that happened with skinny jeans - Dumbest ish ever but it got through thanks to supporters like Lil Wayne and Chris Brown.

So if you make solid beats and studied all of that theory... I sure hate if for you.

The best thing I can suggest is to make a 4/4 pattern with decent drums... and make the rest of the beat with your eyes closed. Instant Hit.

Kids are growing up on this... I made a thread that told everybody ish would change due to the influence that's out now. When people gave that 6 FOOT 7 song a pass, I knew it was a free for all.

Hip Hop is going to the psychedelic - mushroom days like Rock n Roll used to be, lol. People without coherent thoughts will make the most marketable music because everybody else will be blowed out too.

Back