DJ software?

Hi guys new to this community and looking forward to learn DJ, can you suggest which one is the best software to start with for a beginner.

It dont matter what you use its how you use it. Find something you're comfortable with. Serato is cool but I hate building crates since I update my library daily. This is the reason I use virtual dj, its easier to manage your music with it. I use it with timecodes. No difference in performance or quality. M-Audio torq is good too. I never used anything else so u gotta ask someone else about it.

But I think the software for free is usually not the best. Why not buy one?

Lol..if you want a good software...buy it..dont get it for free...unless your willing to get Virtual DJ free

If you buy yourself a controller that comes with Traktor 2 LE (like the Reloop Mixage), and you buy (or own already) a registered NI Interface, you can update to Traktor Duo for free.
So for casual digital-only DJ, it is more than good enough.

If you just need the software to use with a mouse, well... Don't see the point, but:

MIXXX for mac, and Virtual DJ Home Edition. for PC/mac.
And go ask google.

Get scratch SL1 it's a cheap start.

haha yeah if you think 500$ is cheap. the serato scratch live software is free for download off there website, but yeah hardware is the catch. lol there's always a catch, even if you think your getting something for free.

Virtual DJ is a great and free DJ software that can be upgraded to different Pro versions. The free version still has a lot of opportunities. Mixxx is another free DJ'ing software, which is, yeah, just free :) It hasn't the same opportunities like the paid ones, but then you have to learn it in a more "manual" way, and not "automatic" like many paid ones, but Traktor is the best! (But its a paid one :( )

Back