ObiAudio

Obitheincredible

Your Mom's Best Friend!!!
So the ObiAudio relaunch is coming up soon and I have been working hard on some new sample packs, articles and a forum. Now I've kinda been struggling lately on a few things and not sure what to write about and what kind of stuff you guys actually want to see. So I've got a couple of questions...

What topics would you like to know about?
Would you prefer videos?
Should I post music from up and coming artist producers?
What do you want to see?

Anything really, any suggestions on how to make it better would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

I am always a fan of in depth program analysis videos, and there seems to be a pretty terrible collection of videos that actually teach you your programs fully (each parameter and what it does, how to make some certain tones, etc etc...)
I also like the Idea of a mixing uncommon things section, because I am a dubstep producer and I find that making my filth eq properly takes a lot more time that it should (because I have no guidelines to go by) and other uncommon (yet on some occasions common) sounds.
I would like a good in depth video on stereo spacing, and how to apply exciter in a useful, non cartoony way.
Maybe some equipment reviews?
Tip of the day (week{month})?
Maybe some tips on mixing/ mastering different genres?
In depth Reaper tutorials?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on ObiAudio for a while and I love it.

Somethings I'd like to see:

Examples Of Making Custom Kick Drums, Like methods to use for compression and eq, just because a lot of people aren't sure what the compression and eq are fully and would like more detail about it. Just as something experimental processes.

Maybe reviews of DAW computers, like some you'd recommend, for someone who wouldn't want to build their own. Maybe tutorials of how to build their own. (Which I know there's one on this site, but maybe some variety of breaking down what a motherboard is, and what types best, examples of that. (EG; You need a CPU like this because the Ghz are [so and so amount] and Ghz are [blah blah blah explanation of Ghz]. Depth detail but clean and uncorny tutorials really seem to please producers trying to find a way to improve themselves.

Some people don't realize that even though people should have the ability to look for information that they could find right in front of their faces, some don't understand that yet. And when I see post implying that someone is "lazy" or "not dedicated" because they didn't take the time to look for said info, it's an iffy subject for me. Mainly because some people just need to practice searching or are not as good at comprehension and breaking down to the root of what they need exactly. It kind of denies the user the right (subliminally) to become a producer because you tell them they don't have a enough are aren't in it as they should be. Someone just has to be trained, and learn from mistakes, and when you give someone a form of understanding, everything else should come easier for them.

The general knowledge of VSTs that would be helpful to have depending on the type of music you use and covering hardware equipment for someone trying to make a new set up.

Last edited:
Being a regular upcoming 'producer', things thatll keep me there is:

-some good discussions
-a mixing/mastering request forum so producers thats coming up could get some material for their 'resume'
-Section for help with SPECIFIC DAW's
-and a sticky thread with vocal samples of microphones sorted by category (condenser, dynamic, usb) then alphabetically.

If I think of anything else I'll post it later.

Last edited:
Yes on the ****ing videos!!!!

I was gonna suggest it to you but didn't know if you had whatever you would need.

I will say this Obi, and I can guarantee put it on youtube and you will get a TON of views:

Take songs and remake them.

Very detailed videos of you remaking songs.

The best one I saw was actually some guy here remade Empire State of Mind, he only did maybe half the song and it was 3 10 minute videos.

So that's an example of how detailed to make them.

I like remakes because it gives people a good idea of what to do to get what sounds out of their stuff.

It's kind of like a good roadmap because they're sounds that people most likely already like.

yeah id like to see some nice tutorials on eq, compression, etc, of drums. And any other tutorials...theres not many good ones out there!

Thank you guys! So as a recap:

You guys prefer videos over articles?

I really like that tip of the day/week idea @Mr META

I think I'll do a whole series on how to creativly and correctively use EQ/Compression/delays/modulations, probably on video per everybodys request. @Jon Morrile As well as a series on a build it yourself computer series going over the parts needed and good places to buy them. I like the VST thing as well. I could definitely go over a few and break some things down.

@Wedges2 The problem there though is that I don't make that many beats. I usually work with artists and finish songs with them. More like songwriters. They come to me with and idea, I take that and make it a record. But I think a few studio videos of that process would be just as good?

@~X~ Define good discussions. Thats what I'm trying to find. Stuff thats interesting and worth peoples time. Right now the forum is gonna be small and invite only. There will only be 3 forum topics. I want to keep it small to keep the BS out. Everybody will get one invite and they have to request it from a mod. They can not request it until they have 500 posts. The discussions should be good according to a few other things I have planned as well with it...(Still in top secret mode on them)

@3ternal I have been considering it. I don't have anything to get started with videos so I'd have to go buy some stuff but thats not an issue. I always go all out with stuff. So if I do videos I'm doing videos. I 'll get everything I need to make it look dope. Which reminds me, what other youtube channels and videos are dope? Can you guys give me some examples? I got some ideas in my head but I want to see what you guys would be comparing me to so I know what to aim for.

@ 36 chamber music In depth videos has been said a lot so know I'll be hitting that one hard!

Anything else that would or could make it better? Any advice on putting up a featured artist/producer article or section? Any new music at all or just stick with the recording and production?

^^^ yeah man, just basic tutorials about eq, compression, etc...how to beef up your drum game.

n yeah i deff prefer videos over articles, keep at it obi!

Sounds Great, good luck, I'm looking forward to see the finished projects. Hit me up if you need some ideas or something.

Last edited:
Ya some nice tuts on how to use eq properly and compression would be awesome.

Some cool youtube tuts have been by warbeats, those are nice. And other just good videos theres boonie, and knocksquared and kev brown has some cool beatmakin videos

I'm not 100% sure the guys name cause I'm not ****ing with youtube right now I have a virus and flash is crashed.

I think the guy's name is Beat Skematix.

Something like that.

@Wedges2 The problem there though is that I don't make that many beats. I usually work with artists and finish songs with them. More like songwriters. They come to me with and idea, I take that and make it a record. But I think a few studio videos of that process would be just as good?

Yah, like studio sesssions? THat'd be cool.

more reaper stuff would be great to read.

i'm not a huge fan of videos i'm old i like reading stuff. but i think i'm probably in a minority

Well, I agree with you on that Obi, but people are switching from intensive reading, to hands on because it's easier to learn that way. One word of advice if you decide to go videos:

If you make videos, make sure the quality is in HD format, I can't tell you how annoyed I get trying to following a tutorial squinting trying to figure out exactly what's happening. Maybe make the videos downloadable so someone could watch it in Quicktime in a high res, like 1280 by 720 (eg) depening on your screen res. If it's on their desktop and easily acessible from program to video, switching back, it'll make it a whole lot easier. Just post a water mark somewhere on the video if you do this to mark them as yours. The res on youtube is nice, but even though it's 16:9 now, it's not really ideal for someone working a program. Windows Media Player or Quicktime is much more easier for a learning situation because of the screen size.

Last edited:
^ word, i agree with Morrile, a nice high def download for QuickTime or Windows Media would be great, if possible, on all new tutorials. Then you can also have a streaming version through YouTube or whatever for people that may want to give it a quick look before downloading. Or some people may want to watch it at work real quick and may not want download it on their work pc lol

I was going to do this, but I can't be bothered lol..

Basically, run your blog like an online magazine, with articles, weekly interviews, producer spotlights, guest authors/contributors, videos, weekly podcasts, the samples/packs could be like the CD you get with your montly magazines. And so on and so forth.

The good thing about this is you will always have new content as long as you keep pushing forward, its not like a lot of sites that don't get updated on a regular basis, your readers know every week your going to have a new podcast or a producer spotlight and gust authors..

Problem is its gonna be like a second job.

Last edited:
Videos are just easier cuz you can actually watch them do it then trying to read and do it(especially if they use some tech talk you don't know)

I agree with everyone else with tutorials on mixing and mastering and id be most interested in artist spotlights.

I'm stoked to see the stuff that comes out of these suggestions, appreciate all the work your putting in!

Back