Saw a dope Set of DJ Quick & Battlecat last night!

kcsherrell@mac.com

Resident Beatsmith
What's good FP,

Last night at the Red Bull Big Tune in Seattle, DJ Quik and DJ Battlecat did a 1 1/2 hour set that was off the chain! Hip Hop history ya all!

Quik said it was the first time they have ever been on stage together freestyling! It was a back and forth set! AWESOME!

They rocked that b!tch till 2:00 am! JUST RIDICULOUS!

ONE

i was there PORTLAND STAND UPPPPPP!!! man quik and cat was killin it..i like also how they went way longer than they were supposed to.my im glad my dudes davenotti at least made it to the second round and trox should have taken that everyone knew it,marcus d was wack as fuk

Hell Yeah, Portland was in the house! I was right behind Notti on the floor, where were you at? He was dope!

That set form Quik and Battlecat was dope!

I got video of the first round and the semi's than my battery died! I am puttin' them b!tches on Youtube right now!

ONE

Last edited:
Hell Yeah, Portland was in the house! I was right behind Notti on the floor, where were you at? He was dope!

That set form Quik and Battlecat was dope!

I got video of the first round and the semi's than my battery died! I am puttin' them b!tches on Youtube right now!

ONE

Well drop us a link to your channel nigga.

GOTDAMN! The video of Quik and Battlecat got fu(ked up! Sh!t! Sorry fella;s but I am posting the other battles and I got one up there with Vitamin D and Jake One doing a battle! Its tight but again the Audio sucks!

ONE

What venue was this at? I heard about it but had to work last night so no way I could make it.

It was at the War Room on Pike and Harvard. It was off the chain!

ONE

I like that club. Only been there twice but I really like the layout of the place and the open air bar upstairs.

Bet that place was packed!!

Did you get a chance to talk to any of the performers?

I like that club. Only been there twice but I really like the layout of the place and the open air bar upstairs.

Bet that place was packed!!

Did you get a chance to talk to any of the performers?

Yeah, it was packed like a muhfugger in there! Standing room only and once the show got going full on, you couldn't even leave or you would not get back down on the floor!

I was right up front by the stage it was hella tight! I got a pic with Quik and Battlecat and talked to a few of the local performers there competing. I put the video's I took on my I-Phone up on youtube if you want to check it out, the audio sucks because it was on my I-Phone, but its there if your into it? The link is on the first page of this post!

Quik and Battlecat did an 1 1/2 hour session in the middle of the show that was unbelievable!

ONE

Last edited:
well i was right with notti and crew..we all kick it (notti and trox) so you were prolly right by me the whole time close to the stage...but yeah dj quik and battlecat rockin on the stage together was one of the best things ive ever seen in my life,ive never been to seattle before but its DOPE!! lol there was 4 fights that night

At work atm, will check it when I get home. Sounds like a blast.

Peace!

@Astro: What brought you to Seattle for the first time? Just checking out that show? Or you have other business to attend to?

Last edited:
yea just for the show pretty much im gonna be goin back pretty soon to connect with some cats i met while i was there also were havin the NW grindtime beat and mc battles next month i believe and i think rising son and more of those sea cats will be in it..also ill be in this one! jea

Back