Youtube is a great way of finding samples IMO

If I knew I could get a turn table for $20 I wouldn't have dropped that $40 on ebay and had to wait a few days to get it in the mail but it's all good. I lost my passion for music because of the the industry but this thread inspired me to start samplin music and rappin over it. I can never really rap over non sampled beats for some reason. It just doesn't flow the same way. Maybe it is the quality or just my style of production when I make beats from scratch. Does anybody know a good place to find vinyl records in the tampa area?

i think now adays.... U tube is the place to find anything at your disposal...sound wise.

Marley Marl used to sample off the television back in the day. A source for samples is just that, a source for samples. If the quality is poorer on youtube than oh well that's just something the person sampling has to put up with to get the sample.

2 years ago i would laugh. because of the quality, lack of anonymous songs, and sampling from a computer you will always seem to always get a bit of hiss. and not the crunchy dusty sound a mechanical distorting sound.

but actually now. i think its pretty impressive the way it's come forward. the sound quality available is almost 5 times better than before, of course depending on the uploader quality. but the range of things i can hear and the range of stuff available. is amazing. everyone in the world has uploaded a song almost. and the youtube community is deep in vinyl diggers. whatever the reasons for having the 45 adition of francis monkhouse - brunson music library cut offs.

You can get some great movie samples also. Anything really. Hail youtube king of samples!

Back