Yamaha HS7 vs HS8's

Sentimiento

Let me start off by saying I have heard them both. I own JBL LSR305's and I love them but I do not get enough low end and I also want a "flatter" response for more detailed mixing. I haven't had the much trouble with my mixes considering I know my monitors well but I do tend to find noticeable volume issues when moved to other appliances. My room is not properly treated, I do have some acoustic treatment but it's not enough to make a noticeable difference. In the studio where I'm doing my apprenticeship they use NS-10's, some Genelic 5 inch monitors (Don't know the model), and a Sub woofer. My room is not the smallest nor the biggest but putting a sub woofer in here would take up a lot of space.

The NS-10's, if i'm correct, have a 7 inch driver. So I thought that HS7's,that have a 6.5 inch driver, were my best bet but since I can't afford to put a sub woofer in here it felt counter productive but the HS8's might be overkill. I am leaning towards the 8's. Opinions?

I'll leave a picture of my setup so you can get an "Idea."

The spot where I stood there's a bed so there's more space then what it seems like
11347843_773151159450122_401875484_n.jpg

I have the HS7's and they're great in my room (I've got a couple of rockwool gobos but that's it)
The LSR305's have a really good rep... Maybe you should spend more on treating your room before you jump ship.

Back