Why do Trap Producers catch so much Heat?

YoungNReckless

Every time I bring up lex lughar, southisde, Hit-boy, or any big time trap producer. People go into how there not talented and they just use arpeggiators in fl studio. I think trap producers do have to be creative in what they do. Even though trap is becoming very repetitive I think that's due the the rappers selecting the tracks.

They are talented enough to be sought after. So in my book, they are talented at what they do.

Every time I bring up lex lughar, southisde, Hit-boy, or any big time trap producer. People go into how there not talented and they just use arpeggiators in fl studio. I think trap producers do have to be creative in what they do. Even though trap is becoming very repetitive I think that's due the the rappers selecting the tracks.

Those same people cain't make a trap beat to save their life.. Well at least a GOOD one.

IMO this hate goes back before trap beats and starts around the time the "produsah" was born. People who spent years bustin their a$$ learning music theory and learning the traditional ways of making/playing music got real mad when the game changed. lol.

Southern electronic beats in general use 2 catch a lot of heat due to the simplicity of them. Remember lil jon with the 3 note melodies with that big lead synth. Nitti with the its going down beat. Hell snap music lol. Yet those type of beats where selling and where all over the radio. Now it happens to be trap beats.

3. Trend watchers...... they hear stuff so much that they feel like "what's next?" Everybody start making dubstep......"what next?" Those people are only satisfied with music that most people don't understand or is what they consider the next big thing 10 years from now. If it's on the radio then it's old news. Weirdos! :)

2. Some people just hate the South period. The equivalent of how the KKK feels about black people. Or not so much hate the South, just love their city too much and how their city do things. These types say stuff like.." I don't listen to local dudes from where I'm from.....they sound like them South dudes....I don't get down like that yo! I need somethin to go boom.....bap...baboom...baboom....BAP! And some rappers spittin that science yo! These dudes rapping like idiots out hear now, B!!

1. They don't like Trap because of Lex Luger. They can't go a day without hearing Lex Luger name or even saying it. They made accounts on FP specifically to address how much they don't like Lex Luger or any one with double lettered abbreviation........LL....JJ....SSO. When they hear a trap beat they say I hate Lex Luger...."but Lex didn't make that beat".

i think its jealousy. i dont really like trap beats but ive made a few and theres a lot more work in them than most the stuff i've done before

Nothing wrong with trap beats. I mean it's not the type of beats I make or the type of music I listen to the most, but it definitely has a place in hip hop. It still takes a lot of talent to do what Luger, Southside and DRich do.

They don't like Trap because of Lex Luger. They can't go a day without hearing Lex Luger name or even saying it. They made accounts on FP specifically to address how much they don't like Lex Luger or any one with double lettered abbreviation........LL....JJ....SSO. When they hear a trap beat they say I hate Lex Luger...."but Lex didn't make that beat".

southside southSIDE SOUTHSIDE.!

Like SF Traxx said - Those people that had to put on a white suit and sit at a piano at some old ladies house to get lessons so they could entertain the guests at their own house are mad that things like this -

7Aliens Catanya VST MIDI Arpeggiator

exist

Watch the promo vid if you're not doing anything.

You can run this into it via a virtual midi cable and Stevie Wonder would ask you "How you do that there?"

Cognitone Music Prototyping - I have the LE version, I'm cheap BUT! it's awesome if you want SKIP THEORY altogether, lol...

Go here - Online Music Production.com - Listen to THE WAY I AM and hear Catanya action...

too many tools now... I embrace them all...

Get the demo's of those two and grab a can of TrapJuice!

... I love Trap Beats.... but only like a handful of Trap Rappers...

Last edited:
Real talk though, regardless of what anyone says. A down south beat is the easiest to make, that's what I used to start learning a production. Least amount of theory and very basic and repetitive. East coast hip hop is the best, uses real orchestral sounds. You can't just Fruity Loop an east coast beat, you need to understand music composition.

That's what sets Ryan Lesliw appart from Lex Luger, Drumma Boy and those guys. He plays real instruments

I love trap music and I have no problem with the producers. I've met many producers/beat makers who hate that the producers you mentioned get lots of money/recognition for not making traditional hip hop, which I think is complete bullshit.

Real talk though, regardless of what anyone says. A down south beat is the easiest to make, that's what I used to start learning a production. Least amount of theory and very basic and repetitive. East coast hip hop is the best, uses real orchestral sounds. You can't just Fruity Loop an east coast beat, you need to understand music composition.

That's what sets Ryan Lesliw appart from Lex Luger, Drumma Boy and those guys. He plays real instruments

I'd like to hear one of your 'Down South' beats then lol. Not tryna turn this into a debate, Ryan Leslie not fukn wit Drumma Boy. You act like he has no music theory? Least amount of theory? Listen to Zaytoven! He the best trap PRODUCER, nobody fukn with him. Not all East Coast uses real orchestra sounds. You can use any type of sound in any beat. & Idk what you mean by Fruity Loop a beat. If you're experienced you're not gonna dumb your shit down lol.

My down south beats aren't the greatest cause I'm not great, but I can say I have way less trouble creating a down south beat. I usually use a a simple 4 bar melody with limited chords and loop it over and over again, use big transitions to add that hype. One of the man dem on my block makes southern beats, he's only been at it for like a year and the man is sick IMO, I'm impressed. When I tell him to give me an east coast style beat, he has no words for me lol

I watch so many beat making videos and Ryan Leslie IMO impresses me the most.
When I say Fruity Loop beat I mean someone who just lays down randomness and goes through trial and error.

Hit-Boy isn't a trap producer.

And the reason they catch so much heat, is because they are all pretty much interchangeable, and kinda sound like clones of one another, with a slight variation.

That's why. Seems like all the producers down there are chasing each other's tail, and keep recreating the same sound over and over.

There's not a whole lot of innovation going on.

Adding a stutter step snare pattern, and 1/64th note hi hats is NOT innovation.

Hit-Boy isn't a trap producer.

And the reason they catch so much heat, is because they are all pretty much interchangeable, and kinda sound like clones of one another, with a slight variation.

That's why. Seems like all the producers down there are chasing each other's tail, and keep recreating the same sound over and over.

There's not a whole lot of innovation going on.

Adding a stutter step snare pattern, and 1/64th note hi hats is NOT innovation.

There is some true to this. I listen to "trap" mixtapes and all the beats sound exacly like something Lex luger or southside would have made. The things that the whole tape is producer by some unknown artists, who has immitated Lex soo much that there isnt any diffrent between him and them.

I mean go seach on the internet. All these internet/basement producers sound exacly like Lex.

... I love Trap Beats.... but only like a handful of Trap Rappers...

100%. Nobody can make up an excuse of why trap music sucks. Not all of them are appealing, but the music as a whole? Wow............I can't do nothing but smh...I don't get it. Reggaeton had them crazy hats and synths.....epic strings......same drum patterns......no threads were made, nobody complained........why?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact Lex's first breakthrough production was for WAKA FLOCKA LAME?

LOL! Word! Ive tried to know avail!

Without using the 'J' or 'H' words...It's ok not to like or disagree with something...but please bring a bangin' alternative, PLEASE! It's really not a good look to try to downtalk or eliminate something without something else viable to take it's place, geez...just my two pesos....

Those same people cain't make a trap beat to save their life.. Well at least a GOOD one.

Back