Why do people always use this as an excuse...

as20gp

Ghoul Gang
for wack ass music?

InfamousGee said:
come on guys yall stuck in a box

i aint tryna call out dude, im just sayin, i promised that i would point it out next time i seen it on FP, and this one came up.

so i'd like to know what some of these people think IS the box

because most of the niggas who think they're doing something outside of the box are doing **** that everybody else is doing.. so i dont get the elitist attitude.

usually this comment comes in when it comes to artists/producers such as: Timbo, Danjahandz, M.I.A., Santogold, Kid Cudi

like come on man, people are capable of making WACK **** (i make wack **** all the time 24/7) but damn man, why do i have to be "in the box" why cant it just be wack to me?

Discuss..

Get out of your box man! You've gotta be more open-minded man! There's no such thing as bad art man! Let's just enjoy life man! And run on beaches barefoot holding hands and blah, blah, blah...Mike's a prick

circle/box/square/cubicle llol all the same

what makes you believe that you think outside of it?

dkp said:
Get out of your box man! You've gotta be more open-minded man! There's no such thing as bad art man! Let's just enjoy life man! And run on beaches barefoot holding hands and blah, blah, blah...Mike's a prick

i googled bad art... and this is what i found

field-lores.jpg

Last edited:
as20gp said:
for wack ass music?

i aint tryna call out dude, im just sayin, i promised that i would point it out next time i seen it on FP, and this one came up.

so i'd like to know what some of these people think IS the box

because most of the niggas who think they're doing something outside of the box are doing **** that everybody else is doing.. so i dont get the elitist attitude.

usually this comment comes in when it comes to artists/producers such as: Timbo, Danjahandz, M.I.A., Santogold, Kid Cudi

like come on man, people are capable of making WACK **** (i make wack **** all the time 24/7) but damn man, why do i have to be "in the box" why cant it just be wack to me?

Discuss..
No mate i dont even talk bout wack music i know many people here are talented but the main problem is hanging on one style of music. I make Hip Hop, and try to make pop, rnb and other genres unknw what im saying. Even if you cant make pop or rock music TRY always try something.

An good example is Jaylien2010 i remember he posted something about that he started with Hiphop and he though he wasnt good enough so he tried something different which ended in success. unknw what im saying there are tons of way to get into the music industry.

peace.

Last edited:
So...........I think outside the triangle...........

Naw, seriously, nobody is really thinking outside the "box" because we are all inspired by somebody else. Timbo is inspired by Indian and asiain composers where as Dre is inspired by Parliment and so forth.........

Just remember for every 1 banger produced by Timbo, Dre, Danja, Just Blaze, Kanye, etc...... they probably have at least 3 wack @ss beats.

Ex. Fade to Black, that 2nd beat Timbo played for Jay sounded horrible but then Timbo played that Luda beat and THEN "Dirt Off My Shoulder" so just do you.

I try...I've been trying to adapt the mentality of thinking beyond any sort of incarceration to the mind

Either you're inside the box, hatin', or you just don't know good music... Those are the 3 likely responses you get when you don't like someone's music.

InfamousGee said:
No mate i dont even talk bout wack music i know many people here are talented but the main problem hanging on one style of music. I make Hip Hop, and try to make pop, rnb and other genres unknw what im saying. Even if you cant make pop or rock music TRY always try something..

peace.
but what im saying is.. everybody has different reasons to make music

when i first got on to FP.. everybody the majority was making hip hop minus a couple ( i think I.Scott was the only dude REALLY pushing the pop ****, and benny liang)

now, everybody you can barely click on a link from FP WITHOUT the pop/r & b ****..

so guess what.. im making hip hop **** again now lol

u gotta realize that.. if EVERYBODY is going to make r & b and pop and rock right now.. because its popular.. Hip Hip is the thing that is OUTSIDE OF THE BOX.. everybody is makin pop/r & b these days.. so its crazy to think that its outside of the box especially the stuff cats are making

in my opinion of course

I don't understand this either really. I kind of know what you mean, because everyone says "music is changing and it makes no sense to make what everyone else is making, you'll go nowhere". The thing is, music is music and it has some rules. If some of these rules aren't followed, the music will not be pleasurable. You can't start a song off in 4/4 time and then switch it up to 3/4 time and so on... yes, you are outside the cricle/box/triangle/whatever, but no one is out there with you. You could be "different" if you want, but you can't get crazy. Good music = Good music. Bad Music = Bad Music. That's just how it is.

I think [F or DEAF] is the first cat that comes to mind when talking about "thinking outside the box", Thats his catch phrase for justifying the GARBAGE he makes....

Making Garbage beats DOES NOT = Thinking outside of the box!

Just wanted to point that out......

This doesn't go for everyone that says it, because a lot of people that say it actually have some nice material (following musical rules but still applying that subtle difference), but a lot of people say "You guys are just closed minded" or "You guys are stuck in the box" because they can't accept it when people tell them that their music is bad. So they get sour and come up with the #1 excuse. I can't lie, it's a really good excuse because no matter how much you argue with them, they will continue to stand by it.

as20gp said:
basically

because if THIS is being different..

tazpk.jpg

than i'll be generic, in all aspects lmao

C'mon man, now that's just STYLE! Notice how there's at least 1 1/2 inches between the jeans and the boot...FRESH!lol

lol everyone thinks im the bad one lol, yall still dont understand what i mean. Its alright if everyone makes hip hop but mostly everyone uses strings and HEY HEY HEY (in keri hilson turning me on). unknw what im saying, im not saying everyone is wack i hear a good music of potential producers/beetmakers.

Back