Where do you get your samples from?

UnkNowNGenius

Where do you get most of your samples from? I mean Kanye listens to music from the 80s and samples from there (vocals and then speed up to a rappable tempo) not sure if im right tho.

For me, I enjoy more music from 90s+.

When you sample, what do you sample? Vocals? Melodies? etc.

Share =)

Whatever sounds good & where ever I can get quality material. I sample CD's, Vinyl, FLAC, sometimes even MP3's if I can't find it in any other format. Dependin on what you're usin part of it is knowin how to "keep" the quality. (Couldn't think of uh bigger word off the top) You can sample from vinyl & still make it sound shitty lol. Like I said though, I sample whatever sounds good. If you wanna get specific, whatever I'm emotionally attached to. Doesn't matter what it is if I feel it.

Spotify and Youtube. I usually find the samples on spotify, then I find the sample on Youtube and get it from there.

Whut you mean? I just sample the dope parts from a sample, either it is with or without vocals... Don't really understand what you mean.

I just go on Flip This and on go to the related videos, other than that, I go to Goodwill and pick up like 20 records and just hope one sounds good.

Anything that I can get my hands on! I don't own a record player(sadly) but people don't know that the internet has a wide variety music. I just take my time and search around.

yea youtube is good for dope songs to sample.

you can sample the melody or the vocals. whatever sounds best to you man.

Sometimes my friends find dope music, or I might be in a store(Super markets shit like that) and I hear a really dope song being played. I immediately on the spot try to get the artist(s) name. Why only the name? It gives me a chance to check out more of their music.

I don't sample much, its just more fun to me to make something original, but I want to try and learn to do it.

Heres a couple of my better attempts at it

Colonel Gaddafi (Dark, Classic Instrumental) by Hi-Que on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Few & Far Between (Hip-Hop Instrumental) by Hi-Que on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Finding stuff to sample is the hardest part imo.
The first one I got from a beathoven compilation CD at the library.. the second I haven't been able to find, but its from a song someone sent me. The drums are from Synthetic Solution

Back