Where do you get your music?

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
Do you listen to streaming radio, download mixtapes, buy music still?

I listen to the iheartradio app... it has all the stations from different cities. I notice that most all of them play 5 Drake songs an hour.

P.S.
I put this in my car (super clarity - read the reviews), it's a bluetooth adapter that lets me stream music from my phone. My wife wanted to be able to stream Pandora, Sirius XM, etc and CarToys told her it would be $400 to install whatever they planned on installing. This thing is super clear and it pairs with your phone automatically. It lets you talk to people through your car stereo too... so you don't have to drive around holding a phone to your ear (illegal in WA)

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Car Electronics

Last edited:
I still buy CDs. Unfortunately the last "hip hop" album I was interested in was Scarface Emeritus. Other than that I'll check out albums on rdio.com. If I check out an album and really really love it...I'll buy the CD. I'm still like fuuck itunes. Music downloads devalue the music IMO. It's like being used to quality free vsts and paying someone for a name brand vst online. I'll search for the free alternative to the product but if I want it bad enough I want the box...I want to phyically read some shit.....I want to stare at the box for a minute. If Detox drops, I'm buying the CD, popping my ears so I can clearly hear the crunching sound of me opening it, and I'm going to pop it in the cd player, and I'm going to sit back and enjoy it. It wouldn't feel right buying it on itunes. I hate itunes and all of that shit. I will be a streamer if all music resulted into mp3 downloads. If I want an mp3, I'll get a mixtape or something. I want to phyically stare at the booklets, read info, and go into my imagination zone with the music. It's a ritual to me. It feels real putting the actual CD in the cd player. It's a mindset for me.

Hotnewhiphop.com
Livemixtapes.com
Datpiff.com

I use my phone as a mp3 player haven't used cd's in like 3 years lol

here lately ive been listening to 8tracks.com. people make their own playlists and you just stream them. discovered a lot of new stuff there

I steal it. If its dope I buy the CD or MP3's on Amazon. If its wack I delete it.

Though if I like only one or two tracks I won't bother buying it.

Last edited:
Streaming apps really put a hurting on buying music...

I am no longer trapped into listening to Seattle radio stations, lol. They are FAR worse than yours and I don't care where you live.

... I knew Drake was popular but I had no idea that he rules the playlist in damn near every city in the country!

I've been on 8tracks.com before but it slipped my mind, going back to it now. Just got the app.

Last edited:
CD if I wanna support the artist, youtube on my phone or comp if I just wanna hear random songs, download mixtapes/albums just to stay current on whats hot.

Spotify, Pandora, Grooveshark keep me going....I rarely download mixtapes anymore too much wasted space.

Streaming is the wave....although I've read articles that say it doesn't pay off in album sales lol.

^^^^^^youtube pays. :D I read some where for every 1,000,000 views or something or whatever it's like $5,000 or something or whatever. Somebody can explain it better that knows about it. One guy made a million dollars from youtube. He has over a billion views. Makes me want to make 1,000 music videos where I fall down the steps 1,000 times. lol!

Livemixtapes.com
2dopeboyz.com
Hotnehiphop.com

I support my favorite artists on itunes though
Since i bought my 32gb ipod 2 years ago i havent bought an album

Grooveshark mainly, tho I mostly just use it to find different song/instrumental mixes to study. The only time I really listen to music leisurely these days is on the radio in my car lol. I might give I heart radio a try tho, the radio experience is a little more interesting to me than str8 music at the cost of a little variation.

I brought my last two CDs from Best Buy
lecrae rebel album - YouTube

lecrae rehab album - YouTube

I usually rip CDs to my computer and then I give away the CD to bethren..young cats in my church who can't buy for themselves...

I use to only put music on a MP3 player
but the mini-van I brought last March had a pioneer 6-disc changers so I burn off CD
I use to only rock two CDs in my Lumina because the CDplayer played MP3
I'll probably change out that factory tape player in the van and go with some 12's and some nice 6x9s
a 100watt amp on the 6x9s
and a 400watt amp on the 12's
going to use my van as mobile advertising so it's a investment
but thanks Rome I might check into syncing my phone with the product you posted...thanks

I still buy music if it is good, a lot of dope stuff on Bandcamp. I get a lot of free stuff as well (not illegal). I buy a lot of our local stuff as well.

i listen a lot to grooveshark, and if i like something i get it on itunes or as a cd (just the best albums)

but thanks Rome I might check into syncing my phone with the product you posted...thanks

I was against FM Modulators for awhile because all of the ones you buy from Target / Walmart etc... always picked up static and sounded muffled. When the guy from Car Toys said it would be $400 to install an Ipod connection.... I got on Google, lol. The one I posted came up and I ALWAYS read the reviews on Amazon before I buy anything. I read the bad ones. If they only say stuff like "it got here late..." I don't worry about the negative review. Everybody was saying to buy it and now I'm saying the same thing. Some people (like me) don't like to have anything sticking out of their dash or wires around. So I have mine in the spare cigarette lighter in the back (out of sight).

There is NO STATIC and it's as crisp as a CD. It's super clear when you play music you downloaded and really clear with apps that stream in high quality. Some apps stream at low quality to prevent buffering. Pandora doesn't sound as clear as other apps but you don't notice a big difference. I would recommend this to ANYBODY looking to have a bluetooth capability in their car without sacrificing sound quality. Don't ask me how they did it over FM but they did. You do have to have your phone volume all the way up though to get the best results. The gadget also finds the clearest available station. You just hold down the button on the top and it finds the clearest one.

Hassle free, jump in your whip and whatever you were playing on your phone starts playing in your car. If somebody calls you, the music shuts off and you hear your phone ring through your car stereo. You can answer it and talk and you hear the people on the other end through your car speakers or just let it go to voicemail and your music picks up where it left off. If you have automatic call answering turn on, you can just talk to whomever called.

The phone calls aren't super clear though for some reason but the quality isn't terrible and you can have a convo and talk to everyone in the car (could be a bad thing if you don't have something nice to say to the other person).

Yeah, it's ugly but it works! (I don't like anything "extra" in my car except mirror ornaments - I still have the factory deck in it to deter thieves)

One more good thing about it is... you can bump SoundCloud songs through it with the SoundCloud app on your phone. I listen to all the ish I upload and give that super scrutinized review on the way to work... "change that hi hat... turn the bass down... hmmm, don't like that sound anymore - change it when I get home..."

If you ever get corner and somebody say let me hear some of your beats... take your phone and stream 'em from Soundcloud... to your bluetooth car stereo... (don't have cheap factory speakers though... you can replace all of your door speakes with good ones for like $150 or something... you sit in your car alot... enjoy the ride... don't have trash in your whip either - messes with you psychologically - you're all clean and your whip is nasty... FAIL)

oh yeah, it charges your phone if you use the cable that comes with it... but I charge my phone in the office. It's on a charger all day so I don't use the cable that came with that bluetooth transmitter.

The reviews on Amazon are at the very bottom of every page.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

... and if you're scared to order stuff online. Go and get another bank account for online purchases only.

Transfer ONLY the amount you're going to spend online to that account for each purchase you make. If somebody gets the card info, there's no money in the account anyway... and they won't have access to the account you use to pay your rent / mortgage.

^^^^ learned that from working in a bank. People get some online fraud going on (which is rare now, if you use a Visa - whomever you got the Visa from has to credit your account with the money you say was used in error until the investigation is over - I don't think Mastercard has that in place...) and their rent money is wiped out because they used the same card online that they pay their rent with.

Keep your rent paying card at home anyway, get another card for outings. Transfer money onto it... you won't overspend . Get overdraft protection on it though so you won't be embarrassed at the dinner table because your card got declined.

Bigg Rome is for the kids.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Replace your crappy factory door speakers with these...

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 6-Inch x 9-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Get somebody on Craigslist to put 'em in for cheap.

I'm buying this next week... streaming apps lured me in.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KDR820BT-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B004VPNKCK/ref=zg_bs_1077068_92

Last edited:
just going to ask about the charging of the phone I have a android phone works well I use skype alot on it
and I want to buy some audio book on music industry and listen on my way to and from work..thanks Rome now it's time to buy a small amp/6x9s
I just went through alot of mess today to get my tax information from a former job at Marriott Hotel so I be gettng my income tax check soon
and get alot of stuff done
yeah smartphone change the way you present your music to potential clients
in your car or on the move inside of studio
Producer JC been passing that along to me and others on this site for a while...but ppl look pass the advantages of using smartphone apps for music business.
I wonder if there is/or will ever be a app that will allow streaming from your phone to a to screens inside of your car

Once you're 'in the music industry' your email gets flooded daily with new music from the majors, indy-majors and others that pay email-blasters to spam you to death. Then you have the music blogs, Sirius XM and personal recommendations (which I value the most). That's for new music. For music I'm already familiar with You Tube is the dominant resource.

Last edited:
I buy all my shit on itunes, i used to just convert youtube vids to mp3 but ever since i got a system in my car i need that high quality so it pounds the hardest and itunes is so much easier than searching for torrents and avoiding the spyware and shit.

BigRome thats the same deck i got i really like it but the skip buttons are so small there real hard to hit but i mostly use my phone or the remote to skip.

Back