What was the first record you sampled?

mine was a track from the movie vertigo. the beat turned out alright cuz i already knew how to sample from learning from friends and i had already been workin with beats for about 2 years before. but the chop was elementary as hell.

When I was 9 I rapped to a SID file that came with this software on the Commodere 64. When I was 11 I sampled a Police record on a Casio. The first thing I sampled on my MPC in 2000 was 1821 by the Who. On Reason I took an early 60's country record originally from an MPC disk. I converted it from .snd to .wav to .rex

my first sampled track was....... STEVIE WONDER - MY CHERIE AMOR, most of my sampled tracks are either stevie wonder or the group all-4-one

mine would have to be Stormy Weather by Willie Hutch

Either Sergio mendez and Brazil, or Herb Albert and the Tiguana Brass. Cant remember. But really, i used to have samples from more than one song in my joints so, i cant really be sure.

mine was wierd, i was tryna make several diffrent beats at the same time (dont ask)

Leslie Gore - You Don't Own Me

i put a 4 bar loop into recycle and let it "auto chop" and i had the tiny assed chops that some how i made a new melody.. idk what made me even attempt to sample it, the song is horrible haha but that was back when i thot u had to chop the hell out of everything

Barbara Mason - Oh How It Hurts

my first chipmunk beat

The Who - Baba O'Reily

this one could have been a really good club track, i put a semi reggae groove to it.....i think im goin to redo that one actually

damn thats got to be like 1985 with a casio sampler LOL... I believe it was donna summers "love to love you baby" did a whole joint based on that....

intruders friends no more but the first song completed was diane warrick steve wonder thats what friends are for

Last edited by a moderator:
Sly and the Family Stone - Sing a Simple Song...
I used the build of the intro for the intro to the beat and had it go into the drum break, put an acapella of Nas -blaze a 50 over it, people's reactions were so good to my first beat that I wanted to do it all the time.......tho it took months to make **** I was proud of like that.

Back