What do you use to chop samples?

Transfuser 2.0

ahhhhhh I love it

AIR expansion pack=most underrated VST bundle out there

Last edited:
Chop in logic and then use in the EXS24 sampler. It's so easy and intuitive that I havent even bothered to look for another way to do it since starting to. I do like chopping on an MPC because you can really make sure you have the start point right by pressing the note, but the 2000xl isnt very digital friendly

I use Goldwave. Been using it a long time and know it fairly well. There might be better, but if you know your software it makes the job a lot easier.

I use Goldwave. Been using it a long time and know it fairly well. There might be better, but if you know your software it makes the job a lot easier.

Wow bro... I was using Goldwave to put ringtones on my Nextel/Boost Chirp back in 04' and I was 9 at the time. Thats crazy you still use it for sampling...

I use 'Recycle' and then I play the slices i want in 'Reason' and set them to the correct pitch in 'FL Studio'

I have a Maschine Studio but prefer to chop in Recycle and pull the rex file into maschine studio. Being that I used reason for a few years, it's more comfortable to be. Maschine sampling has always been a lil bit buggy.

In my case it's FL Studio 10 and Edison. I load there my sample, cut it, plug in my MPK 25 and check different samples also reversed and pitched a little bit. Then I'm either moving those that interest me either to sequencer (less than 5 samples) or to FPC (more than 5 samples, like drums or percussions) and try to wrok something out of it.

I like using fruity slicer on FL Studio, it automatically chops it for you and assigns the parts of the song to your keyboard so when you play a key it plays a piece of the song. you can also make it to where it continues to play the song for as long as you hold down that key which is pretty cool.

Since I am a FL User, I also chop mines in SliceX or Edison. I didnt know you could adjust the pitch in Fruity Slicer.

Back