What do you think of this mix?

Just turned my hs80's on to listen the mix.
The mix is crystal clean n sounds really good.
I liked the beat overall and the drum pattern is really nice

Last edited:
Just turned my hs80's on to listen the mix.
The mix is crystal clean n sounds really good.
I liked the beat overall and the drum pattern is really nice

really appreciating that. thanks man!

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I hear people in the dutch boards saying my mix sucks though.
What y'all think. Just be honest.

Great mixing. The sounds are clear and loud, that's great. Maybe, maybe the kick is EQd a bit too loud. It can be my headphones as well.
I really like the ambience in this track. There i a lot going on but you bring it all together nice.

Well done!

I liked the vocals, and the melodies after the break made it more interesting but i think the sounds could be better. The kick was dope, the clap sound i didn't enjoy too much, cause i'm not fan of big claps. But it was alright. You could maybe turn the claps down just a few db's and sprinkle some crack on the drum pattern before you leave it. Has a old school vibe with some funky melodies, so overall good job.

I liked the vocals, and the melodies after the break made it more interesting but i think the sounds could be better. The kick was dope, the clap sound i didn't enjoy too much, cause i'm not fan of big claps. But it was alright. You could maybe turn the claps down just a few db's and sprinkle some crack on the drum pattern before you leave it. Has a old school vibe with some funky melodies, so overall good job.

Wow, thanks man. Lovin the feedback.
Im probably gonna keep the drums this way though.
I like my drums at maximum loudness.
I cutted the hi-hats a bit off with EQ.
I think the Kick & Snare should be dominant in a Hip-Hop beat anyway.

Great sound quality, everything is so clear. Well done. I'd like to hear more of this!

Okay, overall the idea is interesting.
So I'm pointing out my worrys about the mix:
First of all: overdone stereo tracking the vocals. Narrow the pan angle. Sounds like you used full 180°
The Drums sound a bit too dry. I guess you wanted them to be agressive, they sound like being overdriven/jumping a bit over the +-0db mark.
Also at 0:41 and following the glock or whatever sounding instrument also jumps over the 0db. Not very effective for such a calm instrument. If you want it to be outstanding, add a few overtone harmonics and (again) narrow the pan angle.
Looking at the total, sounds like you used different reverbs/ your samples weren't 100% dry?

Overall (including melody and formal aspects) this one sounds diffusing, not in a negative way, just want to mention it in case you want to achive a different sound.

Hope that helps.
widekeys

I like it overall. Not exactly the style i listen to but its well put together. Only thing id change is, i think that the beat overall is just too loud. At first the drums really stuck out, how loud they were, i see that you said you like it like that though. But when i compare your beat to songs in my itunes library, it's just so much louder.

Last edited:
Okay, overall the idea is interesting.
So I'm pointing out my worrys about the mix:
First of all: overdone stereo tracking the vocals. Narrow the pan angle. Sounds like you used full 180°
The Drums sound a bit too dry. I guess you wanted them to be agressive, they sound like being overdriven/jumping a bit over the +-0db mark.
Also at 0:41 and following the glock or whatever sounding instrument also jumps over the 0db. Not very effective for such a calm instrument. If you want it to be outstanding, add a few overtone harmonics and (again) narrow the pan angle.
Looking at the total, sounds like you used different reverbs/ your samples weren't 100% dry?

Overall (including melody and formal aspects) this one sounds diffusing, not in a negative way, just want to mention it in case you want to achive a different sound.

Hope that helps.
widekeys

Well, the vocals are just an extra element in the beat which can be panned like this which gets done a lot. Thats just a matter of taste. And i have a Ping-Pong delay on it so it goes from left to right so i really did it on purpose to get that diffusing effect.
Yes, the drums where very dry but i added a snare with a long reverb/and delay to make it sound less dry at the end of each 4 bars. But it just sounded better witouth the reverb on every snare to me.
I didn't add reverbs on the VSTi's. Those are just build in reverbs that are in the vsti's.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

are there more people who agree.
The panning doesn't match the beat?
I turned down the volumes of the instruments a bit. The Glock (which is an Electronic Piano VSTi) doesn't get overdriven anymore neither.
Let me know what you think.

---------- Post added 10-28-2013 at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-23-2013 at 02:10 PM ----------

can i get more feedback please?

Last edited:
Back