what do they use?

Alot of their sounds can be found in the Triton and MicroKorg. Most of there Drums that stick out are stock on the Triton.

You can get some good "Neptunish" sounds from the Nord Modular and K2000series Kurz synths.

You can also get them out of vstis like the FM7/FM8, Sytrus, Albino, ect.

dansgold said:
Because asking what equipment a group uses is a stupid joke too.

lol..

If dude would've said, "what equipment do I need to get to sound like Neptunes sick beats?", all this arguing would make more sense.
But he just asked what they use, and it sort of reminds of that one movie "Minority Report". He didn't commit the crime, but we knew what he was insinuating.

Whatever. I don't see anything wrong with asking what the next man uses; if he or anybody else is diggin another's sound, and he wants to sound like that man, I would say that is nothing more than showing admiration and giving props to the admired producer. When first starting out, you really don't have a clue as to how beats are made or how to get that sound that you are looking for, so the thing to do is to ask what is being used by the ones that you enjoy listening to. That does not at all mean that they are biters or lazy or whatever. I know that alot of folk are lazy, but that will show through their musical results. Gotta start somewhere, remember from whence we all came. And **** anybody who got a negative comment about my response, cause i'm gettin mines, and i'll tell the world what I use and care nothing about it, cause if anybody uses what I use, they ain't got my mind nor my drive, so they could never sound like me. And that's what it do. Stay pimpin.

I have no prob with getting gear 'cuz your friend uses it, or renown producers use it. I think you had it twisted, I said

"If dude would've said, "what equipment do I need to get to sound like Neptunes sick beats?". Only point I was making was, using the same equipment isn't going to have the same results.

Back