What Can MPC do that Maschine can't?

maschine.jpg

How is that, do you have some examples?

(not trying to corner you, never had an mpc in my hands so i'm curious...)

That's user dependent. If you know how to use the MPC for what you want and have had it for a while then yea, it'll be quicker. But to say it's much quicker is bullshit. It depends on the user and if you know how to use both pieces of equipment I highly doubt one is "much" faster than another, they're prolly pretty damn close.

cash daily is right on peeps judging maschine cos they cant do beats on the bus or beach with it.

thats dumb shit to me u dont need every feature to make beats just like u dont need a super computer to use notepad and write some text.

just cos something has been used for years dont mean u need to continue using it.

floppy disks and loading sounds is crazy

got my maschine and love it. use whatever makes you groove. stop arguing over what's better. tony yayo told me he didn't give a sh** if i beat on two pots if it's hot g-unit wants that track!!! lol I know you guys aren't arguing just tripping with you. but seriously make that heat fellas and be blessed

Lex
The Rush

Mpc >machine

The question is at what?

Someone could easily say SP404 >MPC depending on what we are talking about.

SP404 is leagues better than the MPC in regards to effects and live DJ style performance.

MPC is a greater sequencer but its not necessarily a better groovebox altogether. Not gonna get into a feature war, and you know I used the MPC for years.....Maschine has it own set of features and a unique workflow...better is dependent on the user ultimately.

Very true but I still choose mpc over any glorified midi controller just my opinion.

Again, you probably have a good idea of what you want to do production wise and how you would like to work....that makes the decision easy.

For you to call Maschine a glorified midi controller means you dont understand some fundamental components of Maschine however. Maschine is a system, with its own unique workflow and behavior system. If it were just a mere controller one would not have to learn how to control its internal effects, pattern based sequencer, DAW integration, Effects Routing and chaining capabilities. Buying Maschine is buying into an entire unique workflow, not just a midi controller that does something generic.

Maschine is a system

any chance of NI comin' out w/ a "software only" version of Maschine like ya'll got for Kore 2?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

more than like 75 percent of the sound you will get depends on the source of your sample and how you mangle it with FX

very true...

different or more expensive tools really do not ever make a better artist.

also very true...

The trend here seems to be integrated solutions....KORE, Maschine, Traktor S4....I dont see them deviating from that integrated Hardware+Software path

i can dig that...

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

wouldnt mind having a 1k though just as long as its the black one not the blue one

what's wrong w/ the blue one???

you a blood???

(just kiddin')
:D

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

you shouldn't get the same service for something you spent $600 dollars on as you would get from your cousin tyrone when you get your cable hooked up for free

i lol'd...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

felt like such a digiwhore for paying $250 for a headphone jack

lol'd x 2...
:cheers:

Machine is a midi controller with its own software it don't have FX
Its a empty shell

The program has the FX just like any daw or freeware

Is it a diff work flow ? Yes it is
Does different mean better ? To some yes to me no

Still a cool toy no doubt about it I'm just saying is take a mpc
Over it anyday

Machine is a midi controller with its own software it don't have FX
Its a empty shell

The program has the FX just like any daw or freeware

Is it a diff work flow ? Yes it is
Does different mean better ? To some yes to me no

Still a cool toy no doubt about it I'm just saying is take a mpc
Over it anyday

its not an empty shell, your concept of what a system is needs a expand a bit. The software and Hardware together create a system of sequencing, sampling and effects. The workflow is dependent on the hardware side of Maschine. No other DAW/freeware can offer this workflow at the moment, not even Ableton with an APC40. For me this isnt about better or worse. Maschine is the first integrated sampling/sequencing groovebox of its kind.

what's wrong w/ the blue one???

you a blood???

(just kiddin')

wana know the ironic thing about this?

prolly no more then a week after i posted that. i called guitar center and got them to price match some online store for the maschine....then i got to the store and for some reason i just couldnt bring myself to spend the doe on it.

few days later i scored a BLUE mpc1k (the reason i didnt want the blue one originally is because they have pad issues, but this one was flawless!) fully upgraded with jj os and 128 mb ram plus a 4 gig cf card all for $350 from some dude who wanted to sell it to fund a guitar amp purchase.

dude claimed to have bought it when the 1k's first came out tried to learn it and ended up stashing it in his closet for a number of years. I had no reason not to believe him as i said it was in perfect condition.

The guy who i buy from at guitar center was devistated im sure.......i went from almost spending like 5 hundred to jus showing up and copp'n a few 5 dollar midi cables. haha....

the sad thing is i STILL constantly watch maschine videos on youtube!

i think what held me back from buying it was a comment my friend made reguarding native instruments.

he goes "dude, its NI.......those guys come out with a new version of komplete every year! wait til next year when maschine 2 drops."

And now that i think about it he's absolutely right! Native Instruements is dope but they always seem to be on some new flavor of the month type ish.

since then i been using the 1k combined with reaper and reason with great results. I cant be mad it works for me...

Last edited:
What does it matter how frequently they release the product, Do you feel like you have to upgrade everytime a new product comes out? I wonder if it there is some sort of buyers remorse or envy that is associated with this. If I knew a product could do everything I needed to do now, what reason is there to "wait until the next version comes out" just because the next version probably does more....One thing I do recommend people do though is buy things used when possible, especially music gear, that way if you dont like it, you can sell it for close to the same amount you bought it for.

right after i typed that i thought to myself......the mpc has been upgraded tons of times since the 1k why didnt i feel concencious about buy that as opposed to maschine?

honestly IDK why.......it just felt like a more comfortable purchae / sure shot. plus since i bought it i put it on CL for $600 and ive actually had someone offer me $475 for it but i didnt take the deal........i figure since i bought it for so cheap if i can make a few bucks off it plus use it in the mean time then thats wassup.

as i said i still watch maschine vids regularly! and if the mp sells soon maybe i will go cop that maschine after all.

i aint gone lie............ima gearslut! my first piece of equipment i ever bought was a universal audio LA 610 preamp/compressor.

Back