What am I doing to be successful?

FP is the only producer site i ever went to from when i first started making beats in 07, ive met a lot of other producers and worked with a bunch but a lot of cats taught me how to make beats essentially

wanting to be like Planet Hitz or Khameleon (Codexlf) or Str8Klownin, J-Traxx, allen boy, Team Green.. so i rocked with a lot of the people i built relationships with over the years.. and plus i mean.. so i dont really like messing with too many new people lol to be blunt with it.. FP gives me a chance to kinda see where peoples heads are at, without giving my personal info away

and if i can link people up with a good situation, i will

Last edited:
as always have artists to write and practice to a song and that can record rap song in 10-20mins so you can get on average 3 songs done in a hour
so a 18 songs album cost me at the most $500 to record in my city

Sounds like a factory line there, even with an artist fully prepared to record I still like to take a bit of time with it. Do these guys 1 take the entire album?

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

FP is the only producer site i ever went to from when i first started making beats in 07, ive met a lot of other producers and worked with a bunch but a lot of cats taught me how to make beats essentially

wanting to be like Planet Hitz or Khameleon (Codexlf) or Str8Klownin, J-Traxx, allen boy, Team Green.. so i rocked with a lot of the people i built relationships with over the years.. and plus i mean.. ima street dude.. so i dont really like messing with too many new people lol to be blunt with it

You've only been making beats for 4 years? DAMN!!!

yea lol 4 years but ive been doing music for 10 years+.. i mean i was getting placements with indie cats in my first 6 months of making beats, but listening back, the music just wasnt as good lol.. cause i knew my way around a keyboard so it helped tremendously, all i needed to work on was my mixing, drums and sound choice.. compared to learning how to actually compose and arrange music

wanting to be like Planet Hitz or Khameleon (Codexlf) or Str8Klownin, J-Traxx, allen boy, Team Green.. so i rocked with a lot of the people i built relationships with over the years.. and plus i mean.. so i dont really like messing with too many new people lol to be blunt with it.. FP gives me a chance to kinda see where peoples heads are at, without giving my personal info away

and if i can link people up with a good situation, i will

I've always thought the most beneficial part of FP is the relationships you can build. A lot of upcoming producers who will make a mark or are marking their mark in the industry right now. There is great knowledge too, but the relationships here are more valuable than any thread.

Sounds like a factory line there, even with an artist fully prepared to record I still like to take a bit of time with it. Do these guys 1 take the entire album?

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

You've only been making beats for 4 years? DAMN!!!

well when I had my studio up I use to take my time but when you're on a budget...I probably have them do 2 songs per hour in a day..come back a two later do the same... get the allbum done in a week
looking to have 8 artists on my label so 2 songs per artists.. and 2 group songs
since I don't have to engineer I can just focus on getting the best sound out of my artists...alot of artists can record a rap song in 10mins easy
the chorus can be copied so you only need to get that right once...and the verse you can knock those out quick...know your words ..practice.practice..practice...

it's about having polished artists

Imma let ya'all finish but the most important thing to ask is : how is it going to affect your popularity with girls... xD

Nah kidding, nice job ! :)

BIG congratulations to as20gp...

i don't take for granted his presence on this board...he's been posting heat for a while, been posting solid, reliable information for a while too, so; - at the end of the day, what goes around, comes around...again...congratulations on your accomplishment

Congrats to Andrew LLoyd,
Depressing he only been doing it officially for 4 years. yall don't act like some of yall (self included) didn't step back and take a serious look at your (our) "careers" after hearing that lol.

This is very major and well deserved. Nice to point this out to gearslutz friends who always ask where the producing is on futureproducers. now i can be like

"right here mother@#$@#, right here. now where are the slutz at on your site!"

on a sidenote, Fatalone
there is no way anything good is coming out in 20 minutes. my advice would be to work out some sort of project price with the studio with reasonable milestones (most of which are very open to the idea) put down a deposit so then your working on a basis of progress rather than the meter running. Studio rates get REAL negotiable when your talking money upfront.

I know this stuff can add up but trust its best to create when you don't feel like your in a taxi. you'll make sounder creative decisions that way.

Congrats to Andrew LLoyd,
Depressing he only been doing it officially for 4 years. yall don't act like some of yall (self included) didn't step back and take a serious look at your (our) "careers" after hearing that lol.

This is very major and well deserved. Nice to point this out to gearslutz friends who always ask where the producing is on futureproducers. now i can be like

"right here mother@#$@#, right here. now where are the slutz at on your site!"

on a sidenote, Fatalone
there is no way anything good is coming out in 20 minutes. my advice would be to work out some sort of project price with the studio with reasonable milestones (most of which are very open to the idea) put down a deposit so then your working on a basis of progress rather than the meter running. Studio rates get REAL negotiable when your talking money upfront.

I know this stuff can add up but trust its best to create when you don't feel like your in a taxi. you'll make sounder creative decisions that way.

lol i appreciate it fam, yea i mean my timetable as far as beats is concerned is a lil bulked up to due to the fact

Born on May 30th 1990
started playing around on a piano in 1995
started taking lessons in 1997
started playing drums on a drumline in like 1999
started playing bass in 2003
started doing small time sessions in 2005
started making beats in 2007
first major placement in stores in 2011

so in essence i've had 10 years of musical experience before i even started making "beats" of my own lol. Compared to a cat who doesnt really know how to put together music, i understood song structure, how to read music, how to read chord charts, my ear was already good and shit like that, it was just the technical aspect of making beats, the mixing, the sound design, stuff like that

but yea man lol, i havent been to gearslutz in years, but im always down to chop it up with the few cats on there, i know Mike Dean be on there, and hes like my idol on this music shit

Back