Wanted mixing and mastering engineer!!

T-Twin

Hi All,

I'm new here and have registered because I have a situation that I'm finding difficult to sort and maybe experienced people on this forum can help.

My partner has written hundreds of songs and we have been recording them for many years. She is now at the stage where she wants to have them mixed and mastered and all her work is written and performed by her so there are no copyright issues. I can record the vocals and instruments, but over time it has been proven that obviously I'm no mixing/mastering engineer and my results are OK, but really don't sound professional. So we looked for external help.

The problem: We have submitted a song to three online studio's for mixing/mastering and to be honest the results are not much better than I can do (which isn't difficult). And when she gets back to them and says that's not what I was looking for and reinforces the brief they were given, they seem to lose interest and we don't get anything better back from them.

So, where do we go from here? We can't keep paying studios for mediocre mixes. All we are looking for is a mix/mastering engineer that knows how to make our raw material in to an excellent listenable mix, but how do you sort out the wheat from the chaff? We have at least 20 songs mix ready with each track in wav format and will pay for excellent results.

To give you an idea, here is a song mixed by me View attachment Without Love.mp3. As you can hear it's not a great mix, but I'm sure it could be with the right person mixing it.

If there are any engineers reading this that think they could produce excellent results, I can forward the wav files to you. If it works out well we will gladly pay as we don't expect anyone to work for free and there will definitely be future work.

Any advice will be greatly received.

Regards

Mike

Last edited:
Hello T-Twin,
I'd give it a try! I'm sure I can satisfy you!
If you're still searching for someone let me know! For more info and references take a look at my website! Hoping to hear from you soon!

Im a professional with a degree in mixing and sound design, and ill do it for 12$ per song, yes, its that cheap, mainly because i have nothing better to do.

Last edited:
Hi,

thank you for replying to this thread, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, the songwriter has decided the song requires a couple more tracks added (and I thought we were finished!! :4theloveofgod:), so we are in the process of recording these now. I will certainly be in touch in a few days time when she has finished.

Hi,

thank you for replying to this thread, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, the songwriter has decided the song requires a couple more tracks added (and I thought we were finished!! :4theloveofgod:), so we are in the process of recording these now. I will certainly be in touch in a few days time when she has finished.
Hahah no problem, i will be working on my masters degree this fall, but i'll make time for it if you decide to go with me.
But make sure you don't record too hot so i have headroom to work with, 6-3db is good! :)

Last edited:
Back