Tutorial: Saving and Loading Your Projects (AKAI MPC 1000)

Hi, newbie to the group and just bought a MPC1000 with the 128MB expansion. I am really interested in checking out this tutorial. Hope its back up soon.

One,
Puma

First Thanks for the tutorial.

Mano, I follow all the steps to the letter. It works , but with one problem. it saves everything even Autoloaded MPC1000 sounds I did not use with the project. the file winds uplike 10 megs of crap I don't need.

That's normal

Just remove the sounds and programs you don't use from the memory BEFORE saving your "project" as I describe it.

First tahnks for the quick reply.
You mentioned removing the sounds and programs not used before saving will solve my problem. How exactly do I remove them. I can delete objects from my compact flash but how do you do it with internal memory?

Never mind figured it out. Thanks for the assist though.

La Records said:
do you guys know about the bluebox program that makes it easier to save files and transfer between mpc and pc ?
yeap makes it alot easier when creating progrmas for the mpc

I highly suggest it

more videos

Hey, I wouldn't have a clue on what the first thing to do with an MPC is, never really heared much about it or seen it used, because I don't know my stuff when it comes to Producing.
I wanna' see this to get an idea on how the MPC is used, but the video aint workin. It just comes up with a black box with "Windows Media Player" on it...please help out!

--Bomber ;)

BomberMan said:
Hey, I wouldn't have a clue on what the first thing to do with an MPC is, never really heared much about it or seen it used, because I don't know my stuff when it comes to Producing.
I wanna' see this to get an idea on how the MPC is used, but the video aint workin. It just comes up with a black box with "Windows Media Player" on it...please help out!

--Bomber ;)

Install a newer version of WMP... I think there is a button right above the video. It works :)

BomberMan said:

--Bomber ;)
WOW homie. step it up b. AGAIN wow!!!

mano 1 said:

Install a newer version of WMP... I think there is a button right above the video. It works :)

I can't find the link your talkin about, but I dont think it would do too much, I have WMP 10...

--Bomber

Okay okay its all good, must be somthin' wrong with my computer, so I used differant one. Very good video, now I got an idea on what its all about. That beat at the start was awsome aswell...

--Bomber :)

okay I HAVE A QUESTION ? WELL I STARTED TO DO REGGAETON BEATZ !!I HAVE FRUIT LOOPS STUDIO IS A PROGRAM ,,WELL MY THING IS HOW DO I MAKE MY DRUMZ SOUND JUST LIKE A REGGAETON BEAT ,,I TRY IT WITH THE FRUIT LOOPS PROGRAM !!IT COME OUT BUT WITH A DIFFRENT SOUND ,,? DO I NEED A MPC OR DO I NEED REAL DRUMZ ?CAN YALL HELP ME !!!ANYONE !!!! HOLLA BACK ,,POST IT OR HOLLA AT ME AT edderisindabuilding@yahoo.com

Hey, lets all use "inside voices". Remember, we can all hear you, you don't need to shout... :)

--Bomber

Question for anyone listening.

Just got an MPC from my boy who didn't know how to use it yesterday. I have a similar question as was just asked, about the file being like 11 megs when I try to do it mano's way because of the auto-loaded sounds.

So I moved all of the sounds out of the autoload folder. Now, I can't access any sounds. Like to set up programs, etc, I can't find the sounds. I can put them back in the autoload folder, but then I'm stuck with the 11 meg file again. I'm sure there is a simple fix. Any suggestions?

please do not post more MPC1000 questions in this thread

this thread is only for comments and questions about the VIDEO TUTORIAL linked in the original post

:)

Just post new threads for each new question.

Thanks!

My post deals directly with the video, I am trying to emulate the way in which you saved your project, however my file is 11 megs. I think this is relevant. Once again, I took all the files out of the autoload folder, but then I can't load any sounds to programs.

I actually meant ot talk to "GENNISYS AKA SANTA", who posted before you.

Regarding your question, you probably need the 128MB upgrade. 16MB is not enough if you want to move around 11MB files from card ot RAM, and also load programs.

Back