TUTORIAL: Learning Scales & Chords

???

:confused:

---------- Post added 01-25-2011 at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-24-2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

I really needed this post! thanks but what do you mean by advanced stuff?? o_O

Use this chord theory to tune your drums as well. Tune your kick to the low note, the snare to the middle note and the hi-hats to the high note.

hey i found this nice site that may be of assistance to someone, check it out! its called learn-scales.com

Use this chord theory to tune your drums as well. Tune your kick to the low note, the snare to the middle note and the hi-hats to the high note.

Thank you for that comment! Never thought of it that that simple.

People usually just say tune your drums...

im like... i thought they were...

Last edited:
Mikel Jorgensen: this will indeed work most of the time. It's obvious you know what you are writing about. Of course, you can experiment various things.. like overlaying drums to form chords. I did that.. and it works quite well for snares.
You can check a demo tutorial I've made which confirms what M.J said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=behK0UE2Eoc

Last edited:
dude thats epic. i wish i found this a few days ago. i coulda save a good portion of a tree from being turned into notebooks. it looks like i only got one more page to write. tyvm

---------- Post added 02-22-2011 at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-21-2011 at 05:48 AM ----------

quick question, since the B G A D is on the right of the sharpened notes, is that how we got those notes? will tha work every time? counting backwards all the way through the chord chart i mean

i no this will sound dumb. im fairly still new to this and i have no idea what this post is talking about.. read it multiple times already and cant seem to grasp the concept.

I think the circle of fifths is a little more intuitive. It doesn't really matter though. Chords and scales are important to understand, but learning the methods of transposing sheet music isn't that useful nowadays. I doubt there are many classical musicians on here, and if there were, they probably would already know these things. You should have explained that scales are simply repeated interval patterns.

Back