Turn your PC into a Mac

A_Eberts

Because I'm pretty excited having a pc boting both systems and allowing me to make music in differnet DAW's and exchange projects with mac users I originally wanted to write a quick tutorial but later found a great video:

getting pc drivers to work on a hackintosh has got to be a biiiig headache..if you can get by with using little of the most basic functionality of your hardware you wont have too many problems getting that up and running

google if anyone has ever converted your exact machine..

i paid someone to hackintosh my pc. Didnt want to deal with all the troubleshooting and i gotta say its well damn worth it. I love my hackintosh. i run logic, adobe, maschine, everything thats on my macbook pro i got on my hackintosh. No problems whats so ever.

I been happy with windows 7. So happy that I sold my mac off. I woudlnt risk damaging my custom built pc for anything when you can run the same exact programs on windows.

getting pc drivers to work on a hackintosh has got to be a biiiig headache..if you can get by with using little of the most basic functionality of your hardware you wont have too many problems getting that up and running

google if anyone has ever converted your exact machine..

pc drivers are not used in hackintosh...you're using apple kexts or apple driver files that work with your hardware because its similar that apple put in their computers.

as long you have a P35 / P45 / P55 / X58 Motherboard with an Intel CPU and a new ATI/Nvidia) card everything works out of the box. Especially if you got a cleaned up DSDT file. Mac OSX even recogniced my cardreader...

I been happy with windows 7. So happy that I sold my mac off. I woudlnt risk damaging my custom built pc for anything when you can run the same exact programs on windows.

Just buy a separate harddrive for OSX. Disconnect your windows drives when installing Mac OSX and you can't damage anything.

Last edited:
I thought about doing this in the past. I wouldn't do it to a laptop at all; but for a desktop I definitely would. Do you think this would work on some of those new all-in-one PC's? Their cheap. I have a Macbook and want an iMac to turn into a studio rig so I can sell my Macbook and get a Macbook Air; but I don't want to spend $1500 on a iMac because to do that I would have to sell my Macbook and just have a desktop.

Do youll think I can have this done to my laptop?? I have a Asus Notebook G60Vx Series with and IntelCore2Duo processor with 4GB of Ram and a 64 Bit Operating system running Windows 7 heres whats it looks like...

Asus G60VX-RBBX05 Gaming Laptop Review Review and Prices

Im not a big computer wiz but it would be pretty cool if I could Run Logic on this Pc laptop...so if anyones knows if I could try this Hackintosh PLEASE PLEASE let me know...

it should work fine. http://osx86.co/f47/asus-n61vg-success-t5810/

before you do any of this backup your whole harddrive !
or disconnect the original harddrive and try it with an external drive via USB...if the install is ok and everything's working...then you can then connect your internal drive
partition it and reinstall OSX with Windows 7

Last edited:
Back