Trying again. Please read.

_Necros_

Hi to all.
Since my last failures, in the past 2 years... I want to start again learning composing. Something like OSTs or... I don't know if you know the game "League of Legends" ... Well, i don't play it, i don't like it sincerely, but a friend 'o mine does, i've listened to some of the music that this game has, and yeah, basically one of my dream is to become a composer of this kind of music. I failed so bad, i tried studying on youtube music theory, on the lyn** website (i don't want to say the full name, i don't want to get reported for spam, lol, i think you know it, it's for learning things). I also bought some books, wasting the few money i have. Now... I know i'm annoying you, i'm wasting 4-5 minutes of you life and i'm sorry for this, but please... If you know how should i do to learn how to compose without wasting other moneys possibly.
Thank you in advance. Have a nice day and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Choose an instrument, take (actual, real life, offline. non-youtube) lessons, use what you learn to understand what you hear, study other musicians, and have patience because it's not going to "happen" overnight. Or don't. Learning fheory with no way to hear and apply it is a fuccing joke, but so many people think they can do it....and don't.

I "play" guitar ( i suck at it too) and piano (same thing). I learned the basics of both with private lessons with a teacher in my zone, but after he started to teach me solfeges, i left. Because it was waaaay too boring. (I was 10 and 12 years old)
I can't compose NOTHING. But if i have to learn a song i can (with lot of difficulty, if it's not easy tho...)

Last edited:
At least tell me a place where you think i can learn in a good way music theory, or suggest me a website, i don't know... I'm desperate by now...

At least tell me a place where you think i can learn in a good way music theory, or suggest me a website, i don't know... I'm desperate by now...
If you were desperate, you wouldn't be waiting for me to tell you a shortcut to doing the hard work necessary to compose at the level you desire. You're not talking about making trap beats or sampled boom bap-the style you're interested in is going to take ALOT more time and effort to learn and I know you know this.
You know what to do, why aren't you doing it?

I only know a few scales by heart heart and use the keybed/mouse and drumpads but what you are asking depends on 3 main factors:
What you'll compose with
What you plan on learning
If you stick with it.

Google searches for what you want to know are abundant. However it does mean simplifying and clarifying what it is exactly.
As in the style, the genre, the instruments commonplace such as philharmonic orchestras etc.

Very ignorant of the musical aspects myself but it would be much easier to assist once the pathway of confusion gets the fog cleared out enough.

You are kinda saying I want to be a surgeon. Give me a knife and youtube. I am sure I can figure out this open-heart surgery thing. Of course you will fail. You need a mentor who can tell you what it took them to make it. Find a music apprenticeship like record-now where they have an individualized approach to learning music.

And where i'm supposed to find a mentor without paying moneys? As i said, ( i think) i'm not so rich. (I'm not benestant either)

I'd suggest learning any way you can, as there is enough information on the net to get to strong fundamentals of stuff.
Keyword nothing crazy, fundamentals.

For instance there is a sticky by a moderator called bandcoach with info about some theory on this very site you should look at as a starting point. There are also specific information you keep leaving out, like the stuff you want to learn more about.
What are you trying to do :/

Necros,

Try this - Record Now , I had a friend do it. He paid for it with a minimum wage job. He then made $13K the next year using their studio. I also understand they have skype lessons too.

Necros,

Try this - Record Now , I had a friend do it. He paid for it with a minimum wage job. He then made $13K the next year using their studio. I also understand they have skype lessons too.

Thanks for replying but... Seriously? I just said that i'm a freaking poor guy, and... I'm Italian.... How i'm supposed to go there and pay them?

Last edited:
Never took one of those courses myself either but at the same time, that should still be considered if it is simply the easiest way you can learn what you're trying to learn.

There are those that also say just youtube and google aren't enough to learn all of that beyond the fundamentals as well so there is that to consider.
I am certainly no music theory guru but quite frankly, what you asked requires one thing...time. Also patience.

The genre you are talking about is no joke my nigga. League of legends is orchestral right?
Vst territory. Sample library territory.

Back