Trimming problem on Classic 2000

a.paulished

Beat Producer
whenever i have the cut selected, ill hit cut, and then hit do it, and theres the same space remaining in the beginning as there was in the sample, but it does cut all the end off. so basically it will cut the end, but never the start. So when im chopping a fat sample i cant fit my projects onto my floppys. so its a big problem. is there something im doing wrong, or is my mpc kinda ****ed?

Last edited:
1. set your start and end points.
2. edit -> discard -> do it.

Should delete everything else but your selection.

yo the problem i have is, i have a small sample and i try to trim, and it takes for ever to spin the data wheel ..is their any other way but faster ?

someone said outer wheel but tht dont work ;/ hellp

Not sure if this works for the XL but on the 2K Classic I have, move your cursor to the field you want to edit. It will be reversed (dark bg / light text). If you move the outer wheel, the cursor will move up one position in the field... try spinning the inner wheel. Notice how it it starts incrementing by 10? If you move the outer wheel a few more times, say to the fifth position, you'll start incrementing by 10,000 (and so on) -- and this time you'll actually see your marker move across the screen if you are editing a big sample.

I usually record to 15 to 30 second sample (pick any CTI album - ha), then just go into trim and pick a random starting location to find a 1-, 2- or 4-beat loop (beats not bars) to find things to chop. Playing around with it this way seems more organic and you can find some happy accidents by starting a loop on an off beat and just testing it out by hitting the pads each time you adjust the start-marker.

Hope this helped...

Back