THIS is why an Executive Producer is NECESSARY...

I believe that's why some of the posters on here have trouble agreeing with your statements. You stated your brand was "scattered".

As an internet marketer/entrepreneur, I've studied the factors that go into google page rank, alexa, etc in depth. The common goal for knowing these factors is to use them to drive traffic to your web prescene, namely your own website. I would dare say that any business executive would want one place to direct traffic and business even if he/she were using other outlets such as those mentioned below:

I haven't needed to have a CENTRAL web presence thus far, for the entire course of my journey. Because my journey thus far has been that of a vagabond, going from place to place, getting experience in various arenas and expertise in various aspects of the business. So I was never meant to "solidify a brand" as it relates to any of those things.

It's hard to explain, but up until now, the Brand Identity hasn't needed to be solidified. I just needed to be "known" in various circles, to give me a certain level of credibility and exposure, based on what I was doing at the time.

Now that I'm entering the final phase of the 10 year plan, it's time to pull all of those different pieces together, and have them all work together, in what has always been the ultimate goal.

Again...difficult to really explain without laying out my full plan, but all will be revealed very soon.

My question to Mr. Troup from businessman to businessman is why isn't your web presence stronger given the current climate of the music industry? You seem to be knowledgeable, but from an outsider looking in the numbers don't add up. With the 8 web domains you own which is your primary online business vehicle? With the Industrysound.com link in your signature, I would've expected that to be it. Could please clarify?

Also does your company have a website? I can't find it anywhere online...

Respectfully,

Zee

Sure...no problem. My web presence was very strong a few years ago. I was everywhere I needed to be. Youtube views in the 6 figures...Ustream was a top rated show. Various music production websites I was a major traffic draw in. So it definitely was there, and growing.

My primary online business vehicle has changed, depending on the phase of the plan I was in.

My production company home was there when I was heavy into the sync licensing scene. Then I moved on from there.

My personal web home (which ended up being directed to my PMP page) was there when I was heavy into the PLACEMENT scene. Then I moved on.

IndustrySound was a business strategy that integrated a number of different things, which was a proving ground my methodology of making money in the new music industry. It taught me what I needed to know...then I moved on.

In 2010, the last time that I really concentrated on the last incarnation, which was IndustrySound, I started doing a lot of project based work and other things, so as one man entity, something had to give. I couldn't maintain the web presence, couldn't maintain keeping up the online presence. Nor could I keep up with running the website, updating, etc, etc. With writing, and producing, and scoring, and engineering and all this other stuff, something had to give.

My consulting company...I'm actually in the final phases of formalizing the structure of the organization (lawyers, contracts, so on and so forth), and in the middle of the web design phase, so the site hasn't launched yet. But it's coming soon.

So that is the last phase of my evolution. It's ultimately where I've always planned to be (at this point in my life), and I have all of the pieces in place (from various aspects of the business of music, as well as other input factors) to make it all work relatively seamlessly.

So all of that to say COMING SOON.

:cheers:

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Gotcha, but that's on the side of the people who offer products, not strategies.
Hence why models or Michael Schumacher can sell a car and why Beyonce can sell some perfume, but "normal" people sell services.

I don't want to watch a commercial, which suggests that Brad Pitt will be taking care of my roof, because that's "far fetched" (even though his hobby, or better said, his second job is to buy houses in bad shape and turn them into "extravagant villas" again ;)).

You are reacting rationally to a product, or at least that's what you claim explaining WHY you react to a product. The reality can be pretty different. That's why many agencies spend millions finding out what people really want and not just doing some surveys, where people simply think rationally (which in reality, is not how they react to a product).

If it was any other way, there'd be no commercials, just a page of text listing all the advantages of buying this product and what sets it apart from the competition.

What I don't like about most service-based sites is something completely different.
I don't get an emotional response, because there's not much to respond to.
And it has a simple reason. For physical products, sometimes I can live with just seeing the product (say, a nice shot of the Breitling, the new pair of Nike's, etc...).

When it comes to services, I think of problems, obstacles and solutions. And I want people to take care of them.
So what's missing in most sites are...........pictures of people.
Be it the founder (in this case it would be Troup), some manager leaning over the shoulder of an employee, helping her/him (thus saying "we are all about team work.............and right now, we work on solving YOUR problem!).

Simply put: people want to sell services, they want to deal with their customers, but they don't (re)present themselves, visually, on their websites.
And I don't mean it in the "here's my pic and my bio"-sense.

It's like, Fataltone can talk about his "Jesus lifestyle" all he wants and add 50 lines of text to his messages' signatures (annoying, btw).............but unless I go to his website and I don't see a big ass church from a perspective, with a crowd in front of it, or at least a gospel choir with a cross in the background, I ain't buying that shit.

People want to deal with people. Make them feel as if they did, by associating your face (other people's faces) with your services, on your website.

That's why these "direct, face-to-face" Youtube channels became so popular. I bet some of the top Soundclick producers also have their own picture/image as part of their "company logo"/background.

But the thing is, when you add MUSIC to that "service", it evokes all kinds of emotion. Especially when you're dealing with ARTISTS. Because they are so connected to their music, the EMOTIONAL aspect is inherently there. Because the service I'm offering, is to spread that EMOTIONAL CONNECTION to the highest of heights, and spread it as far and wide as it'll go.

That's where the emotion comes from for the potential client.

And jut the way that PUFFY is the face of his various Brands...I'll be the face of mine.

Hate it or Love it. The results will speak for themselves. :cheers:

I haven't needed to have a CENTRAL web presence thus far, for the entire course of my journey. Because my journey thus far has been that of a vagabond, going from place to place, getting experience in various arenas and expertise in various aspects of the business. So I was never meant to "solidify a brand" as it relates to any of those things.

It's hard to explain, but up until now, the Brand Identity hasn't needed to be solidified. I just needed to be "known" in various circles, to give me a certain level of credibility and exposure, based on what I was doing at the time.

Now that I'm entering the final phase of the 10 year plan, it's time to pull all of those different pieces together, and have them all work together, in what has always been the ultimate goal.

Again...difficult to really explain without laying out my full plan, but all will be revealed very soon.

Sure...no problem. My web presence was very strong a few years ago. I was everywhere I needed to be. Youtube views in the 6 figures...Ustream was a top rated show. Various music production websites I was a major traffic draw in. So it definitely was there, and growing.

My primary online business vehicle has changed, depending on the phase of the plan I was in.

My production company home was there when I was heavy into the sync licensing scene. Then I moved on from there.

My personal web home (which ended up being directed to my PMP page) was there when I was heavy into the PLACEMENT scene. Then I moved on.

IndustrySound was a business strategy that integrated a number of different things, which was a proving ground my methodology of making money in the new music industry. It taught me what I needed to know...then I moved on.

In 2010, the last time that I really concentrated on the last incarnation, which was IndustrySound, I started doing a lot of project based work and other things, so as one man entity, something had to give. I couldn't maintain the web presence, couldn't maintain keeping up the online presence. Nor could I keep up with running the website, updating, etc, etc. With writing, and producing, and scoring, and engineering and all this other stuff, something had to give.

My consulting company...I'm actually in the final phases of formalizing the structure of the organization (lawyers, contracts, so on and so forth), and in the middle of the web design phase, so the site hasn't launched yet. But it's coming soon.

So that is the last phase of my evolution. It's ultimately where I've always planned to be (at this point in my life), and I have all of the pieces in place (from various aspects of the business of music, as well as other input factors) to make it all work relatively seamlessly.

So all of that to say COMING SOON.

:cheers:

Thanks for your prompt response. Much appreciated. It explained a lot of things that I was confused on and hopefully made things clear to other fp posters.

FP needs to publish an online reference, with seasoned vets outlining specific aspects of the industry. I know there are sticky pages and what not, but I'm amazed how much info is on this site just because of all the knowledge ya'll be droppin. Respect to all the vets, a brown belt like myself is learning a lot!;)

Good night fp. Just copped one of these. Fellas don't procrastinate, go out and get your woman a clap bra.

555497_274799502612658_262532533839355_594953_746324960_n.jpg

Last edited:
HaHa. Man are u on the pay role cause you post shit all day. Respect!

Nope, I love this site, all I do all day is make beats and go on fp. Guess I can't live on fp forever, eventually my mom will tell my lazy ass to go and get a job. Well, until that time comes I'll be on fp all day, lol.

Back