The swag of my Soundclick layout is up there with Vybe Beatz and them(but not SSO/JJ)

Yea put some of ur current beats on there now cuz the ones u have arent that great. I designed my soundclick myself kinda doo doo layout but i put some good beats on there.

www soundclick com /clydestrokes

I hope you producers got your **** together for this season. NO-Name Rappers splurge on soundclick during this time of the year lol.

I hope you producers got your **** together for this season. NO-Name Rappers splurge on soundclick during this time of the year lol.

Hell ya all that Christmas cash. This one dude hit me up last week like, I don't have a paypal, can I send you cash. I was like go to walmart or somewhere and put your cash on a visa debit and pay through paypal visa. He was like alright I'll do that, I'm gonna wait till NEXT WEEK when I get cash. So everyone is about to splurge their Christmas money you're right.

**goes back to working on beat to upload**

Hell ya all that Christmas cash. This one dude hit me up last week like, I don't have a paypal, can I send you cash. I was like go to walmart or somewhere and put your cash on a visa debit and pay through paypal visa. He was like alright I'll do that, I'm gonna wait till NEXT WEEK when I get cash. So everyone is about to splurge their Christmas money you're right.

**goes back to working on beat to upload**

lol should of told him to greendot the money. Greendot works with paypal too, and its instant!

Happy Holidays :cheers:

I say that as a fan of what Vybe and JJ are doing. They have soundclick on lock and I'm happy for them fa sho.

But yeah, they do sound like the same person lol.

I remember back when I first did soundclick and I was jaw droppin on ozone and shadowville.

I think Vybe was still around during those times too even.

But yeah, even back then, you couldn't tell them apart either.

I think the point there is that they found what works and kept with it. Here we are over a half a decade later and the sound has barely changed, yet they still make a sale or two every week or every other week.

Also, who's to say what they are doing offline right? If they are anything like me, their making even more money with the locals.

btw, merry christmas everyone!

They are making a sale or two every week or every other week? I hope you are just talking about exclusives because I guarantee you they are leasing WAY more than that. I sell/lease more than that and they are more well known than me.

They are making a sale or two every week or every other week? I hope you are just talking about exclusives because I guarantee you they are leasing WAY more than that. I sell/lease more than that and they are more well known than me.

Yes, I am talking about exclusives =)

And I know exactly how much they sell online because I kept a log of the top 5 on soundclick along with 3 other producers that weren't always in the top ten, but would peak around there every once in a while.

That is the type of extra research people aren't willing to do...or even worse, don't even think to do.

I mean, who here has even asked them? They are available to ask questions too ya know. I've talked to a couple of them a few times asking q's and were more than happy to answer.

Their leases (if the results are the same as what I've experienced) are mostly sold in bulk (two or three, maybe four at a time) and they will cut them a deal.

But even four leases typically don't add up to one exclusive, feel me?

That's just candy money.

They way I did business was to leverage my leases as a bridge into making exclusive sales.

Once someone has purchased non-ex or multiple non-ex (the more the better because I know that artist is someone trying to make moves and most likely will work even harder than before if this is the first time they have invested in production).

But yeah, for some people, they need to sell up to ten non-ex licenses in order to make that equal a single ex sale because they only charge an average of $25 a track or something really low. Their ex still cost at least $250, sometimes up to $600.

That's why I don't really base someone's business on what their non-ex sales are. Those numbers to me are basically the numbers of their potential ex sales. It's up to the producer what they do with the analytics they get back from their non-ex sales that will help determine how much more ex sales they will get.

Eventually I'm going to stop basing that on ex sales and will only base it on how many different artist they help gain 1,000+ fans.

Those are the producers that are going to be the first to learn a new type of point system. But that's a whole other issue that will take a while for me to break down. (but promise to do so eventually).

I think what I'm saying is, there are better ways and better money than even just selling ex beats. Just like there is something better than selling just non-ex beats. Those two systems are just a small slice of the music revolution pie. There's about 9 other things you can do as a producer to make a living and non should be considered easy, but definitely do-able.

Last edited by a moderator:
828 design did my page too.. I don't know how he is able to keep up.. he's in school while doing all the design work in the evenings. I had him do my myspace, soundclick, and business card designs and he was able to do them all in a weeks time..

Yes, I am talking about exclusives =)

I think what I'm saying is, there are better ways and better money than even just selling ex beats. Just like there is something better than selling just non-ex beats. Those two systems are just a small slice of the music revolution pie. There's about 9 other things you can do as a producer to make a living and non should be considered easy, but definitely do-able.

I don't know about which 9 other things you talkin bout but the currently beat leasing system is very lucrative, don't underestimate it...

And if you assume that the audience that buys a lease is the same one like the audience that buys ex you are wrong... if you would have just exklusives these sales were def. lost...

I don't know about which 9 other things you talkin bout but the currently beat leasing system is very lucrative, don't underestimate it...

And if you assume that the audience that buys a lease is the same one like the audience that buys ex you are wrong... if you would have just exklusives these sales were def. lost...

First, your definition of lucrative IS different from mine...I know it already. Not worried about what yours is, I just know it's not mine.

Second, there is no such thing as leasing a beat.

Third, I'm not underestimating or overestimating anything. I have EXACT numbers. Which is why I know what I know in the first place and why I recommend people take the time to do their own research in their field of business.

And no, the audience that buys a non-ex is NOT the same as the audience as the ex...I thought I made that clear.

I was saying I used to turn non-ex buyers into ex buyers instead of just being satisfied with the non-ex sale. It's a form of rehashing your sales. You're going to have people who straight up buy ex licenses without starting out with non-exclusive licenses as well, along with having people that start out with a free DL (who also become potential non-ex and ex buyers.) But there is even MORE than that, which I'm not ready to explain yet.

And I never mentioned or even hinted at only having exclusive sales...in fact I stated the opposite...non-exclusive sales and exclusive sales are only a small piece of the pie.

Yes...about 9 other things. And I understand that you don't know what they are because I haven't talked about them yet and don't plan to until I have more time on my hands and am able to clearly explain it properly. Otherwise I would simply be giving out information on deaf ears just like I felt I just did with you based on your response.

I'm trying to find the best way to explain to everyone what it is that I am doing and why I am doing it before trying to help other people with what I, think they could/should be doing as a producer in today's music revolution. And these aren't just my ideas, but ideas from music moguls from around the world.

Plus...this thread isn't even about that and we've gone a little astray from the topic.

Also, don't assume that I assumed anything because you'll end up confusing yourself. If I didn't say it then I didn't say it.

@ pezey and dnkygirl, I'm sorry but he didn't have a lot of work on your pages, I's not that great...

Not that it's not good, just not great, but for the money (25 dollars) it's very good quality, but if you are only a novice in photoshop and you have good quality pictures you can do what he did

And as a graphical designer I'm not just saying that

@ pezey and dnkygirl, I'm sorry but he didn't have a lot of work on your pages, I's not that great...

Not that it's not good, just not great, but for the money (25 dollars) it's very good quality, but if you are only a novice in photoshop and you have good quality pictures you can do what he did

And as a graphical designer I'm not just saying that

Those were done before mine, before my words and ideas became the new prototype.

Those were done before mine, before my words and ideas became the new prototype.

Hum.. I don't see a difference in the verbage on our sites, but still the artwork reflects your style... be it basic design or not... I actually had the dog and spaceship before we started... those are elements I wanted as a logo. He was able to work with me to incorporate them into something that matched... He's good at what he does... and very affordable for us broke ass musicians...

Hum.. I don't see a difference in the verbage on our sites, but still the artwork reflects your style... be it basic design or not... I actually had the dog and spaceship before we started... those are elements I wanted as a logo. He was able to work with me to incorporate them into something that matched... He's good at what he does... and very affordable for us broke ass musicians...

Yeah he sure is!
Yours is the one I saw when I decided to hire him.

Back