The Death of 808s?

CinaMatics

Wassup FP?

I just want to know since the emergence of songs like "BMF" & "Hard in the Paint", the trap/808 sound has totally saturated the airwaves.. Now I am a BIG fan of the sound and hearing the new ways ppl can flip it, alter and expand on it, etc.. But does anyone see an end of this epic run coming to a halt anytime soon, or will it just continue full steam ahead..? Thoughts?

Its getting to the point where the style is so overdone imo. There's only a few tracks using it that i like but the majority of it is garbage tbh.

Are u talking bout 808s or trap as a style. 808s are older than trap (core hip-hop sound), so I don't see them going away anytime soon.

Yea I know the 808 sound is old.. but the trap sound.. Like ppl aren't getting versatile with it like i thought.. its just snare rolls, high hats buzzin and all that.. Its HOT dont get me wrong but it gets deadening after a while

Yeah, trap is getting a bit played out. It's just a phase. I rather create orginial music that doesnt fall victim to the seasons of trends.

Its been played out. So has the guitar. And the Bass. And the piano. So played out.

Trap is winding down. There's other sounds and subgenres of hip hop starting to emerge. It's like Hyphy, Krunk, Chipmunk Samples, boom bap, that bangladesh voice sampled beat stye(Beyonce-Diva, Wayne-A Milli), Those "whisper song" and Nitty beats, ect. Something new comes along with a fresh sound that fans lean to.

The one rule you should remember if trying to change the game is the fundamentals that don't change. Knocking drum and bass(thoughout history the 808 has contributed to that), a sound that comes from the heart and soul of the creator, and something that can play well in a club environment.

trap aint going anywhere its here to stay. you will get ppl like me who can make trap but not a clone of lex or southside.

Trap is actually getting a fesh pair of legs cause of the bass music DJ's blending it with their sets.

I havent heard anything in the mainstream thats eclipsing trap...maybe if that flatbush zombies, ASAP rocky, spaceghostpurp vibe starts getting bigger and bigger...but even that stuff has 808 basslines.

That's how I feel as well. They may become less popular, but they will forever be used in music.

Whats cool might change, but 808s will always be 808s, a deep clean and heavy sub bass. Its like saying bass guitar is a fad and will die.

i tried it.. and died in the process lol

soundclick.com/cmalbeats

Lol did ya blow your speakers?

I personally think 808s are like Rocks basslines. Needed to help sync the rhythm and melody. Much like a real bass guitar would in a band situation.

yea it's just a fad style of beats that's in right now. It will fade eventually when someone comes with something hotter. But as far as 808's they've always been around and always will be. The difference is how they're used.

Back