Techniques for Isolating a Vocal Track for Remix w/o an instrumental

mtostro29

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any really helpful techniques for isolating vocals from a backtrack for the purpose of remixing. I can not yet find an instrumental (it is a very new track). Are there are VST's that can do this? I know you can EQ to an extent, but there's still likely to be other instruments within the same frequencies as the vox. I'm open to any suggestions, as long as the result is good enough to be remixed. I'm even open to paying if someone if they could do a good job for me

Usually it is very hard if you don't have the original instrumental to work with. You could if it is an older recording, like from the 50's where they recorded vocals in the left and instruments in the right. Other than that, you would have to get the studio acapella from the source, or maybe get a vinyl version exclusive to DJ's that include acapella and instrumental.

Usually it is very hard if you don't have the original instrumental to work with. You could if it is an older recording, like from the 50's where they recorded vocals in the left and instruments in the right. Other than that, you would have to get the studio acapella from the source, or maybe get a vinyl version exclusive to DJ's that include acapella and instrumental.

Yeah I'm aware of that. Technically the song hasn't been released yet, but it's a leaked version that I have...yeah lecture me about piracy lol. I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions about maybe certain EQ parameters that would drown out everything but the vocals, at least to where it can be hidden well enough when I put in my own instrumental. I tried cutting off everything below 250 Khz and everything above 500 Khz to sort of highlight the vocal range, but there's still some audible percussion.

have you tried phase inversion on either the left or the right channel only to generate an instrumental that you then phase invert both channels against the original??? simpler than eq (but also prone to more errors)

as for the other issues - if it is "leaked" then talk to your source and see if they can leak you what you want as well......

Back