Technics Sl-dz1200 - Vinyl Simulation Scratch Mode Video

"FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY"

This is not some Marketing Strategy for any of the participating companies.

It is merely an opinion of a user!

SO...people thought that the reason why the technics scratch sound, sounded like crap
because I did not have it in the "Vinyl-Sim" mode, which is supposed to emulate the SL1200 sound.

WELL the reason y i didn't have it in that mode is b/c THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN SOUND!.. they both sound
digital w/ the effect on or off.....YES...it is an effect!....

SO for all the HATERS that think I don't know what I'm doing...HERE YA GO

This video is dedicated to El Holandes Sauce, & DJ Mathew.....Thanks for the LOVE! HA!

Again, this is for information purposes only and the video is an opinion of
a user who is neither pro-denon, pro-pioneer, nor, pro-technics.

The purpose of the video was to educate the non-believers and the curious.
And to OPEN UP PEOPLES EYES TO SEE PASSED the BRAND NAMES & LABELS.

Thanks to DJ AL for posting my videos.

-DJ SCANDAL

File information:
Click Here
media type - .mov
size - 21.3mb
duration - 6m35s

this video will be hosted for only 2 days due to bandwidth limitations

We get the point already, holy crap. We can just hope that they fix it soon, because something that looks that good, shouldn't sound that bad.

password needed.

I typed and tried everything to download this file.

passwords tried:

djal
denon
technics
demo
movie
djalrocks
downloadnow
notworking

EL_HOlandes said:
password needed.

I typed and tried everything to download this file.

passwords tried:

djal
denon
technics
demo
movie
djalrocks
downloadnow
notworking
I think that because of the bandwidth limit, only the owner of the site can have access now.

What I find funny is that DJ-AL is the only one having problems with this deck. about all the problems he points out on the SL-DZ1200 are non existant in other peoples SL-DZ1200's. So either DJ-AL causing the problems or he has a bad unit.

DJ AL told in another forum that he would take away the video cause of problems (legal problems; I don't know). MAybe technics warned DJ AL and DEnon. I really don' know what is happening but something fishy is going on. It sounds like red and stimpy al to me

dum dum u r wrong i need to make space for more videos plus it was killing my bandwith so we found somone that will host it... this is why it needs a password and when i get it u will be the first one with it..

Nowt Stop talking Sh*t and relax

Last edited:
DJ A-L Rocks Well said:
dum dum u r wrong i need to make space for more videos plus it was killing my bandwith so we found somone that will host it... this is why it needs a password and when i get it u will be the first one with it..

Nowt Stop talking Sh*t and relax

your the only one talkin sh*t here.

This is sad.

It is sad because the Pios are great decks, the denons are great decks, the numarks are great decks(though i have never had a numrak product that lasted beyon a year despite how well it actually worked new) and i am sure that the techs will come of age as well.

what is more sad, is that people are taking this whole damn thing so personaaly.

my read on the situation

A-L: i have seen you on the net for a long time and interacted and read your posts on the dn-s5000 forum. your evangelism is off-putting, but i do not really doubt that your intentions are good. i do however suspect you may have too much free time on your hands. you incite the flames you receive through your inability to coherently manipulate language and utter blindness as to how anything you say may come off wrong. your sig bugs me too, but thats purely a matter of taste.

Silvio: you sorted me out when i couldnt source a reasonably priced deck in thailand, and for that i am grateful. i do suspect though that you are tarnishing your cred through your relationship with A-L. I dont think he is a bad guy but he is too vociferous in his support. This is truly a shame as your interest in user feedback and obvious dedication to what you do is refreshing. you can tend to be a little over protective of the decks, but i would hope so, you have invested alot of time and energy in making them become a reality.

Shy: Respect, you are good at what you do, believable, and i have seen so many incarnations of your setup, i tend to take you at your word.

Holandes: dude, you need help. A DJ conspiracy theorist, you have to take a serious look to the crap that you post. You are as offensive as al, and worse, i can see what he is trying to acheive, and it is more or less good natured. i cant even come close to understanding where your emotional investment in this whole thing is. So dont buy denon, who cares, just spare us your accusations of improper practice, and libelous speculations (i particularly enjoyed your interpetation of a bandwith issue as a legal restriction -- you may get a job with cnn soon)

Woodox: use google, there are plenty of places where the tech latency is dicussed, same as there are places where the digital scratch sound is panned. Seems to me you got into the whole thing late just for the flame.

by the way, I own a denon dn-s5000 (2 in fact) and i bought them by taking a stack of cd's to the shop hooking a pio 1000mkI, a dns5000 and a cdj 8000 up to a 3 channel mixer parking my but in front of the PA at my local shop and playing with them all for two hours. At the at the end of the session, i got out my credit card and bought 2 of the ones i liked best.

Think for yorselves people, if you like the techs buy it, same for every other deck on the market, try, then spend.

Oh, and once you have made your decision, live with it. If someebody asks you tell them what you think are the pros and cons, explain your choice and let them decide.

this palce isstarting to sound like dj forums, thank god its limited to a few threads.

ts

Hey A L,

had not heard from you, but the offer still stands for hosting that video file of yours.

i just spent the last hour playing around w/ the sl-dz1200, and all that i have to say: what a disapointment...

It does sound like pacman or space invaders when you scratch, it sounds way, and i mean WAY! WORSE THAN MY NUMARK AXIS9 in terms of scratching.

The feel and tracking however, feel very simular to a 1200 and real vinyl which is nice, you can do many of the tricks on the dz as you can on a regular 1200. There's a couple of things i still don't like about it's feel. 1. the controls are in the center of the platter and buttons are too small and you don't get enough space for back cues.

2. If you were to try and do a scribble, it's very hard b/c the platter's "record" moves from side to side, making it hard for it to track your hand movements.

I was playing with it last night...

Extremely Disappointed...what a shame...I got frustrated just touching it..

By the way Technics has some real tight vinyl turntables if you didnt know!

MaZe

ok, i agree that the tech cd deck is a disappointment, but "videos do not lie?" um...that's one of the wrongest things i've ever heard.

Back