Surfing on the Internet is such a breeze with D I A L U P

UncannyKoolio

Hello Future Producers,

I was searching for sounds to use for a track, and came across a sample of a dial up modem connecting to the Internet. I became inspired to try and make a song with the dial up noise as it's core. This track is the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_ELNQBS6k

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the song. What could maybe be improved? What did you like/dislike? I really enjoy all types of criticisms, and especially constructive criticisms.

Feel free to leave a link to your stuff as well for me to check out!

Regards,
UK

agreed, it is a little quiet. needs mastering :P but the ideas and musicality are awesome

Last edited:
Hey man, I enjoyed that listen. I agree with the others on here that it is a bit quiet/dynamic at times, but I dig the musical ideas and texture choices.

I used some dial-up tones recently in a song too, though it's not as much of a main feature.

Hey man, I enjoyed that listen. I agree with the others on here that it is a bit quiet/dynamic at times, but I dig the musical ideas and texture choices.

I used some dial-up tones recently in a song too, though it's not as much of a main feature.

Thanks for the input! Which song of yours uses dial-up tones?

I was bored so I mastered it. :) Let me know if you want the exported wav.

Thanks! I'm probably going to go back and master the song myself at some point as well. It's good practice I think. Just one thing, could you change the Soundcloud name of the mastered song to something like "UK - Dial Up (Mastered)"? I'm fine with people using the track for remixes/remasters, as long as there is credit given.

Back