Stop with the gear

TriKRaps

ok thats a little bit frustrating, you think something sound bad and you just say to yourself: "Oh it sounds bad right? well it cant be me so its the gear" WHAT?!? ok first of all if you are a human (which i guess most of you are except if you are an wonder dog who flies around and helps people, then, well hey doggy :) ) , so you will be wrong at some point. And second you wanna cut some logs and you have a normal axe then you will cut some logs, you dont need a diamond expensive chainsaw to cut them, you just need to know how to do it... got it? Once i saw a post telling he couldnt get his beats to sound stereo enough, and he had a 2i2. And someone told him to go buy a new better interface... why buy a new interface and spend all your money on something that MAY or MAY NOT help you when you can just learn some sound basics and actually solve your problem. Anyways im just telling... First the knowledge then the gear.

ok thats a little bit frustrating, you think something sound bad and you just say to yourself: "Oh it sounds bad right? well it cant be me so its the gear" WHAT?!? ok first of all if you are a human (which i guess most of you are except if you are an wonder dog who flies around and helps people, then, well hey doggy :) ) , so you will be wrong at some point. And second you wanna cut some logs and you have a normal axe then you will cut some logs, you dont need a diamond expensive chainsaw to cut them, you just need to know how to do it... got it? Once i saw a post telling he couldnt get his beats to sound stereo enough, and he had a 2i2. And someone told him to go buy a new better interface... why buy a new interface and spend all your money on something that MAY or MAY NOT help you when you can just learn some sound basics and actually solve your problem. Anyways im just telling... First the knowledge then the gear.

You can do a lot with a 2i2 interface, but you have to be aware of the boundaries within which it operates, hence what type of qualities you can achieve with it and hence what type of production to go for. The issue is when the engineer wants a result that is beyond the boundaries of the gear, at that point it is no longer about the knowledge of the engineer to create the desired result, well kind of, because then it is about the engineer's knowledge about gear that becomes the knowledge related issue.

The heavy part is when engineers are tied up by their gear and blame their engineering skills for it.

You can do a lot with a 2i2 interface, but you have to be aware of the boundaries within which it operates, hence what type of qualities you can achieve with it and hence what type of production to go for. The issue is when the engineer wants a result that is beyond the boundaries of the gear, at that point it is no longer about the knowledge of the engineer to create the desired result, well kind of, because then it is about the engineer's knowledge about gear that becomes the knowledge related issue.

The heavy part is when engineers are tied up by their gear and blame their engineering skills for it.

The art of engineering is to a great extent having the right knowledge about gear and hence approach gear in the right way.

Back