Static in keyboard recordings due to USB.. Need assistance FP

C

CarlosOrtizMusic

When i record into Cubase from my Korg Microstation i get a static in the recording.. At first i thought the problem were the cables until today that i found the actual culprit..
It's the USB.. I have a USB running out of the Korg Microstation into my Dell Inspiron 560 (Windows 7)..
It's not the USB cable because I've tried 2 other different cables and still no change..
When i remove the USB cable out of the keyboard the static disappears but i doubt it's the keyboard because even when i switch off the keyboard and leave the USB inside the keyboard USB port the static still continues..
I should also note.. I believe the static im hearing is from inside my computer since when i roll my mouse wheel i can hear a static-ish noise everytime i roll it..
I need to get this sorted out.. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you FP

I wouldn't be blaming the usb bus on its own. Sounds like you need to be using a powered hub/card to interface your korg - the sort of issue you describe is well known to those of us who have fought the battles with mobo usb busses only to discover they disappear the moment you go in via a powered hub or card.....

Last edited:
By powered hub do you mean this right here www . blogiversity.org/blogs/frankthetank/400-HUB008_01 . jpg

By powered hub do you mean this right here

400-HUB008_01.jpg

yes....

The USB bus or powered hub is meant to provide 500mA@5V per outlet/connection point, so that hub had better have a 5A power supply connected to it or you will suffer the same issues as you are now

Well thank you for your help.. I purchased a powered hub and everything is fine now! there is a smooth static when i turn my headphone amp and interface to the max vol which is very high but on normal loud volume nothin is heard.. Thank you again sir so so much!

Back