sp1200 emulator

this is a vsti not a stand alone program. vstis requires you too have a daw inorder too use them.

windows 7 is a OS aka a operating system

you need a daw like fl studio.....cubase....etc.
I opened it in fl studio and live, loaded a sample and got no sound

it also requires you too have a midi controller, i assume you have one.

ie: if you click the drum pads on the sd2100 with your mouse it wont trigger. only a midi controller will trigger it. or the keys on your qwerty keyboard if you know how too set it up that way in FL.

You don't need a midi controller if you have FL.
Not sure about other DAWS

I opened it in fl studio and live, loaded a sample and got no sound

It has to be WAV, maybe you are trying mp3's?

Had ALOT of fun with this thing.. Thanks a bunch, man :) Whats the FX2100 u've all been talking bout? What does it do?

this has been out for a couple of years now and being an owner of an original sp i must say this is nothing to be excited about

i cant get my head round this ****in thing..i had it working last night but it wont now :( Can someone plz lemme know what i'm doing wrong?

I load up the SD 2100 on the master channel of the mixer first, then I went to panels -> load and loaded a drum loop up on the first channel..But when I play the keys in the piano roll it's just playing the standard kick drum thats there when u first open up the program. Am I missing a step? Can you play whole loops/drum loops thru this thing? Any help would be gratefully appreciated, I only just started using FL so i'm new to this kinda stuff

i cant get my head round this ****in thing..i had it working last night but it wont now :( Can someone plz lemme know what i'm doing wrong?

I load up the SD 2100 on the master channel of the mixer first, then I went to panels -> load and loaded a drum loop up on the first channel..But when I play the keys in the piano roll it's just playing the standard kick drum thats there when u first open up the program. Am I missing a step? Can you play whole loops/drum loops thru this thing? Any help would be gratefully appreciated, I only just started using FL so i'm new to this kinda stuff

First, I wouldn't load it in the master channel. Load it in a pattern like you would any instrument.

Second, it sounds like you are doing it right. It'll always have the drums in it when you load your sound(s). You just have to "sweep" around the piano roll until you find the sound(s) you loaded. Look on one of the pages in this thread. I added a "chart" that shows what note(s) in the piano roll your sound will be on..

*note* if you loaded an MP3 it WILL NOT work. You HAVE to load a WAV in it.

After playing with this I really don't think its that good. Its no different that using a bit crusher and a little EQ, or even Psycho Dither at a low Bit Depth, and you'd have more control over the sound.

First, I wouldn't load it in the master channel. Load it in a pattern like you would any instrument.

Second, it sounds like you are doing it right. It'll always have the drums in it when you load your sound(s). You just have to "sweep" around the piano roll until you find the sound(s) you loaded. Look on one of the pages in this thread. I added a "chart" that shows what note(s) in the piano roll your sound will be on..

*note* if you loaded an MP3 it WILL NOT work. You HAVE to load a WAV in it.

how do i load it into the pattern? i tried dragging/dropping it like i would with the drums but it didnt work..do i need to do that in the mixer?
The samples i loaded were wavs too, so i dont think thats the problem..i took a print screen of FL here if thats helps

https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1586/vst.jpg

sorry if these seem like dumb ass questions, I been stuck using reason for too long lol

After playing with this I really don't think its that good. Its no different that using a bit crusher and a little EQ, or even Psycho Dither at a low Bit Depth, and you'd have more control over the sound.

Agreed.
I've actually been using a combo of Odaku2 and Imperfection (Which I believe you posted here a while ago)

Add it as a channel, your adding it as an effect not an instrument.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Agreed.
I've actually been using a combo of Odaku2 and Imperfection (Which I believe you posted here a while ago)

Yeah imperfection is really good... You can deep fry your ish with that, real crispy.

how do i load it into the pattern? i tried dragging/dropping it like i would with the drums but it didnt work..do i need to do that in the mixer?
The samples i loaded were wavs too, so i dont think thats the problem..i took a print screen of FL here if thats helps

https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1586/vst.jpg

sorry if these seem like dumb ass questions, I been stuck using reason for too long lol

The way I did it was....
Went to Channels up top. Then 'Add one', then went to SD2100.
Then I loaded all my drums into it.
(The SD2100 has to be saved in your VST folder and you have to load it by... under channels going to refresh then fast scan. It'll show up then you can click the box to enable it)

The way I did it was....
Went to Channels up top. Then 'Add one', then went to SD2100.
Then I loaded all my drums into it.
(The SD2100 has to be saved in your VST folder and you have to load it by... under channels going to refresh then fast scan. It'll show up then you can click the box to enable it)

ahh god bless u man..thanks so much for your help..just one more quick q if it's no bother, how do i export the drums outta FL once i have them loaded up in the piano roll?

Here's how I'd do it..

Put the pattern your drums are on in the playlist for however many bars you want.
Set to song mode.
Export.

What makes no sense is you know how to load it as an effect but not a channel? its basically the same process just differen't menus.

Go file export.. A hamster could work it out from there.

rtfm4.jpg

Back