Should I sell my MPD32 and get a MPD18 instead?

G

Ginsingh

What up everyone

I've been using the Akai MPD32 for a while now but just realized I don't need a lot of the knobs and faders and it takes up way too much space. All I really need are the trigger pads so I was wondering if anyone has used both and is there a difference in the pad sensitivity? I really don't need all the extra features, so the MPD18 looks like a good option because all I want to do is chop up old songs to sample for rap beats.

Opinions?

you'd be gaining literally only 5inches of space, thats about the size of an iphone. I personally wouldnt lose all the functionality of the mpd32 to only gain a few inches of space.

Last edited:
You sure about that bRiCc? That MPC32 looks kind of big in videos...I have the MD18 and it's really small and light-weight..and able to fit into a backpack

If you don't need the knobs and faders Akai definitely get the MPD18.

Last edited:
You sure about that bRiCc? That MPC32 looks kind of big in videos...I have the MD18 and it's really small and light-weight..and able to fit into a backpack

If you don't need the knobs and faders Akai definitely get the MPD18.

the mpd18 is Dimensions (in inches): 10.07(D) x 8.1 (W) x 1.65(H)

the mpd32 is Dimensions (WxDxH): 15.2" x 12.1" x 2.75" 308mm x 384mm x 64mm

you're honestly not saving that much space, the mpd32 is about the exact size of the ableton push which I have and the push fits in my backpack no problem.

now im not going to tell the OP what to do, it is ultimately his decision, but unless he has a bunch of other faders and knobs I think he will regret it in the long run, I have 2 nanokontrols along with my push, thats 16 faders & 24 knobs and I still wish I had more at times, having a dedicated fader/knob that you can map to its own parameter in your software makes editing so much easier

Back