Should I buy an MPC 1000?

puneetsquare

To start off, I'm barely getting into producing as a hobby. I've messed around with software such as FL and Reason and am now getting into Ableton, but I think that I would have much more fun with an MPC 1000. I think it'd be good to be able to get off the computer and to produce beats just on one machine. My roommate has a turntable and a mixer which I'd be able to use for samples, my only question is if its worth spending that much money for the standalone workstation when there's options such as MPD's and the new APC. I personally think it would be more fun getting into an MPC workflow, but I obviously don't know too much and have been researching. Any advice would be great.
Thanks

MPC workflow... Amazing. Steller. But takes time to learn.

If your going to get serious, get Logic before you waste a lot of money.

I have an MPC2500 and only reason is cuz I started on a 1000 when I was fifteen.

Software offers more for less nowadays. But I'm going to say get that 1000 if for nothing more than experience. Theyre cool to mess around with and who knows maybe it could become the main peice in your production tool kit.

if u have a good pc or Mac go software if Ur pc is crap go mpc
if your pc is crap you probably wont be capable of mixing your music or tracking on it efficently. If you have a crap computer get a better one or build up the one you have

Agreed, but now a days you can get just about any *new* pc and be fine for most production stuff with a decent audio and midi interface.

get an ni maschine best of both worlds n faster then an mpc, the downside is it does not do stand-alone

nah the main feature is the workflow and method of working with samples and the sequencer.

most peeps use a pc as part of they production so makes sense to pair the way of working with the benefits of computer shortcuts

Yeah plus if you get the 1000 you can download the full MPC series from Obiaudio.com and enjoy a huge sample library for it full mapped out for free.

Maschine will soon be able to import MPC programs as well. I tried it with the new 1.5 beta and it's buggy and doesn't seem to work right but that is another BIG step in the right direction.

i started with fl years ago and was makin tight beats but what did i actually do ..move a mouse around and fill in some dots.didnt even fell like i was makin abeat not really hands on .when i got my mpc i sucked i almost gave up i was tellin myself i cant make a beat but a year or two of practice and a midi controller and a vst host thta record its own audio out. iam makin alot of beats for a lot of people now. mpc is tha only way to go.and afer awile u pick it up and start makin tight drum beats ull want to put some instruments thats where tha keyboard will come in..its tight

Best of both

I've decided I do want an MPC 1000. I personally feel that I would creatively do better with one and I'd also like to have a standalone unit. I have ableton live suite, but my question refers to you guys taking about logic. Is logic better than ableton? What are the pros and cons? Also what would integrate better with the MPC. I found one on craigslist for 400 with jjos and full memory so I feel like thats a sweet deal. It's the black and blue so I might have to replace the pads from what i've read, but i'll deal with that when it comes.

Thanks

black and blue? there was no black and blue mpc 1000. There was a black one and a red and blue one. Id ask the seller which one he has. And I wouldnt say Logic is better than Live. Daws are all preference.

dude, if reason and FL didnt stick then u may be a hardware guy. i started out there and then went to reason. but hardware is good experience, a different feel to. Just ordered a mpd26 for my reason/record setup. so im right there with you cuz.

Back