Setting up a Home Studio Need HELP!!!

imdarius

I've been fortunate enough to have the money to set up my own studio. It will just be for beat making and having rappers to come over and record. I have a MacBook but I'm going to either get a MacBook Pro or iMac, haven't decided yet. But I want my studio centered around the KRK Rokit speakers I'm buying. So what are all the items I need to have the speakers working through my MacBook, and also like what audio interface and microphone etc.. that goes along well with those speakers. I am on a decent budget, so nothing TOO expensive. I'm also building a booth and the room will be sound proof, I don't know if that helps haha I just want to hear some recommendations from some people experienced with their own set up since I'm trying to make a list of what I'll need to buy! Thanks!!

Just bought some KRK Rokit RP5G2s aswell, just waiting for them to come. Also was looking at a iMac but at over 1000 pound/$1500 I couldnt see me buying one. I have decided to go for a decent spec PC, DVD drive, Monitor, intel i5 w/4gb ram and its costing me 400pound/$600 which is less than half the price and no doubt performance will be pretty comparable. consider a PC

Only consider a PC if you're more comfortable with a PC versus a Mac... Mac's are better for recording than PC.

Back