Sampling questions.

randy7027

I have a few questions for sampling, it's nothing something I messed around with to much and now I see why lol, but since I can't find the answers I am looking for maybe this will do. When sampling something and you have your cuts, how do you get them to stop playing over each other? I have them setup but when another "note" goes to play the last sample still plays, loop points are off and they are cut...so what's the problem? Also the length of the note doesn't matter..how can I make it to where it only plays for as long as the note itself is on the piano roll? When chopping up a sample, I take it you should cut it into measures that would fit into the roll? Well how do you know how long the chop of the portion that you want to cut is? Whats the best route to go when sampling a song? Cutting up the whole song? Is there an easy way to automatically do that? I use slicex so I dont really know what else it can do other than cut and whatnot. There must be some guidelines to sampling to I assume or else anything won't sound to good. Lastly I am eager to know how "diplo" does his remixes or sampling in the songs he does? Specifically for the song "Will Calls" by Grizzly Bear, how does he even do half the stuff you hear on there?

i use edison.. i like to chop by ear n only the stuff that i want...
but load n the fpc n on the right top corner say cut -- cut by --
make it cut 1 cut by 1
also add the fpc to a mixer channel to make sure theres no problems later on

If you want the sample to play as long as the note in the piano roll you have to truncate the adsr of the wav. You do this by clicking on the samples channnel in the step sequencer which brings up the channel settings, click on the "INS" tab. Then do the following: turn the "ATT" knob all the way to the left, turn the "HOLD" knob all the way to the right, turn the "DEC" "SUS" & "REL" knobs all the way to the left, you should have a nice rectangle if you did it right.

Back