Sampling Problem

nehruvia

Hi,

I have some problems with chopping Samples.

People told me my chops have to have the same lengths. I can do that with the auto chop function. I count 4 Bars, put it in auto chop and split it in 16 pieces.

But i don't understand the difference to manual chops.

Sometimes i end up with the same chops i would have with auto chop. And sometimes i end up with some space between the chops so i can't play them right. Or the chops overlap.

Can somebody explain chopping to me? Or show me like a tutorial ?

I hope you understand me I'm German my english isn't that good.

Peace

Your chops should be the same length but they don't have to be the EXACT same length. Songs (especially older ones) are often not on perfect tempo throughout the whole track. For this reason, I would chop them manually or auto chop but edit the chops to make sure they are on beat. I am not sure if that answered your question but tell me and I will try and help you.

The most important thing is to find the starting point of each sample you want to use after that it doesn't really matter how long the rest of the sample is so long as you can choke it off, basically you set MIDI polyphony to a single note so each new note cuts the previous note off......you don't have to cut shit into even slices like it's 1993 either, you can leave as much on the end of each sample as you want.

Back