Sampling for songs on album?

Ministrydoc

Could someone please help me out and explain a bit on what I can and cannot do?, i've been composing beats for years and it seems as everyone these days are sampling quite a bit. is there a period of years that you can use someones music to sample? like ive been wanting to know this for a longtime and haven't actually taken the time to read all the riff raff about copyright jive and all that. Please help... does and don't's thanks

there aren't many dos and don'ts to most in 2011. Sample what you want but I will say if you want something more authentic stick to music played by bands in the 60s and 70s the 80s work often too but many will say do whatever you want

U need permission for everything u sample I'm pretty sure. I think its like if the samples longer then one second otherwise it comes under the fair use thingy. I'm not to sure you'll have to do a lil research on it. But I know for a fact its a ***** to get alot of sample clearances.

What about copyrights? If its copyrighted you need to clear it before releasing a project legally. Most don't clear anything until they become major enough to where a label would sue them though. Fair rights has nothing to do with a time limit either. Basically if u can recognize it you can be sued for it.

Back