Sampling drum breaks

I asked because im kinda new to beat making. Not that i studied sampling that much before i started beatmaking. I would understand it would be weird if i asked after 10 years beatmaking.
its weird because to most its common knowledge that hip hop producers have always used break beats. then again if u didnt get into hip hop until say 2008 you may not realize that.

its weird because to most its common knowledge that hip hop producers have always used break beats. then again if u didnt get into hip hop until say 2008 you may not realize that.

I listened to hip hop much longer time. I just wanted to know the different ways that it is used. I know there is Nas songs and all that where the breakdrums are used as the drums and all that. But i though it was used as a breakdrums in hiphop too, if it makes sense.

I myself usually seperate the all the drums sounds in a perticular sample and play out my own drum pattern it sounds to chooped up sumtimes when you do it like that but a little bit of reverb and it will sound like an accutual drum break

I love finding sick breaks! It gives an instrumental a more natural sound and feel. But one shot drums can be made into great sounding breaks as well. To each his own. I use both and add layers to a drum break if I choose one.

Back