Return of boom bap

Who else thinks boom bap is gonna come back into style this year?

View attachment 33930
no-meme-rage-face.jpg

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/no-meme-rage-face.jpg

Last edited:
i dont think boom bap will be a "maintstream" genre anymore its strictly underground, but i think there are alot of artists coming up that are making good genuine hip hop music and its becoming more popular to actually have talent.

Never on the mainstream, but who cares about mainstream right? We're talking about HipHop here. The influences have always been around though. Even with new producers comin up.

People should just make some.

People make the same types of beats everytime they make something.

Make some trap too.

... be interesting. What if your "signature" style isn't bringing in the customers... wouldn't you like to say "I have some of this too..."

Make some Boom Bap.

People should just make some.

People make the same types of beats everytime they make something.

Make some trap too.

... be interesting. What if your "signature" style isn't bringing in the customers... wouldn't you like to say "I have some of this too..."

Make some Boom Bap.

I agree, I made a decision to stop making keyboard beats a couple days ago and focus on completely what I love making, boom bap.

what exactly is boom bap?

I want to know to. lol! What are some popular boom bap songs. I recall boom bap being the same as it's always been..........not so popular except to one group.
rza.jpg

And only one person today is demanded by that sound. And even if you made the same exact beat as him with the same equipment and him personally giving you drums, people will say yours suck.

dj-premier-08.jpg

People want 1990............they don't want boom bap. They think they want boom bap. They love feeling like they created a work of genius because it's boom bap. The majority of hip hop today world wide is boom bap. Boom bap is all over the place in the underground where it's always been.......your wishes came true 20 years ago. You want it, you got it and been had it. What more do you want? 1,000,000 more JDilla tributes? A boom bap song to be #1 on billboard constantly......oh...you want the pop world to love boom bap.......that's what it is.

Forget boom bap....I want to hear music like this come back.

Forget sampling.....recreate the sample in your own image.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO there will never be boom bap like in the 90s because that was the 90s. things change. will there be new stuff with a similar feel? hell yea:

Last edited:
I C boom bap reemerging on rappers albums as novelty filler tracks. Boom bap will NEVER again B back to where it was at the same level and with the same sound and style but I think its back...... Shoot, I think its fair to say it hasn't really left

Back