Reason Users Finally get 3rd Party VST Options for Reason 6.5...

Problem with most dongles is that they can be cracked too - I know that the Pro24 dongles were cracked, as were the C-Lab Notator dongles.

For a while there Steinberg went to floppy disc activation - to activate the program you needed a key disc that had five install keys on it; each time you activated the number of keys was reduced by 1 - you could increase the key count by de-activating an installation, but if you had a failure and had to reformat you were down one install key.

I still prefer dongles, but you have to remember that the most valuable part of the program is the dongle/activation key, the sw has no intrinsic value without the dongle.

This is groundbreaking IMO. It's been a while since I've been excited about something props is bringing to the table. If executed correctly, this could put Reason ahead of other DAWs.

Imagine integrating Nexus, Kontakt, Eastwest libraries, Oxford plugs, and having them run as stable as the NNXT within Reason. I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen, just saying that's what is implied to be happening.

Reason fan-boy thread's remind of girls night out / LADIES NIGHT...i can't even do it.

ya'll doin' way too damn much

i dont get how its a fan boy thread

ive got big placements and records using a program that you deem unusable and not progressive

if you dont like it, dont use it.. if you had reason 5.. it only cost $1 to upgrade to reason 6.. 6.5 is free

youre making it seem like theyre making you pay 500 bucks for it

Those expecting these killer libraries wont get it - sorry. Too much to change to fit in Reasons "box". CPU usage being one of them. Those VST's are programs themselves so I dont see them shrinking and limiting functionality and risk hurting a products name.

However I expect those companies to develop new products "extensions" for Reason. Primarily effects and mixing tools. Not huge amounts of sounds. They couldve done that via combinator refills. Most reason users create in Reason, then put things in another DAW to mix. Why? Because not many people are fully happy with using Reasons effects or mClass suites.

Now that they are doing audio, they needed tools from companies (large & indie developers) who do it right & better than Props could have while retaining their stable environment.

It wont be an earth shaking event, except to the exclusive reason user & those he collaborates with.

Problem with most dongles is that they can be cracked too - I know that the Pro24 dongles were cracked, as were the C-Lab Notator dongles.

For a while there Steinberg went to floppy disc activation - to activate the program you needed a key disc that had five install keys on it; each time you activated the number of keys was reduced by 1 - you could increase the key count by de-activating an installation, but if you had a failure and had to reformat you were down one install key.

I still prefer dongles, but you have to remember that the most valuable part of the program is the dongle/activation key, the sw has no intrinsic value without the dongle.
So true. Though going forward for me Reason will be the only program or plug in I am using with any sort of dongle. There are too many kinds of dongles flying around. I wish Props would have taken to ilok or elicenser because most products seem to use one or the other. I hear code meter is the best available though
This is groundbreaking IMO. It's been a while since I've been excited about something props is bringing to the table. If executed correctly, this could put Reason ahead of other DAWs.

Imagine integrating Nexus, Kontakt, Eastwest libraries, Oxford plugs, and having them run as stable as the NNXT within Reason. I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen, just saying that's what is implied to be happening.
I think a lot of people are making the assumption that every plug in company in the world will take to this. I don't see it happening. I already saw one uvhalla or some shit like that. who said its too much work to make a special plug in format just for reason and take a 30% pay cut for it. I think everyone just assumes everyone will take to it but we live in a plug in world. Most people use plug ins and even more use Reason as a plug in to run along side their other stuff. I am just not sure that everyone will take to it or even that many companies. Besides I would rather see unique Reason racks rather than just ports myself.
Those expecting these killer libraries wont get it - sorry. Too much to change to fit in Reasons "box". CPU usage being one of them. Those VST's are programs themselves so I dont see them shrinking and limiting functionality and risk hurting a products name.

However I expect those companies to develop new products "extensions" for Reason. Primarily effects and mixing tools. Not huge amounts of sounds. They couldve done that via combinator refills. Most reason users create in Reason, then put things in another DAW to mix. Why? Because not many people are fully happy with using Reasons effects or mClass suites.

Now that they are doing audio, they needed tools from companies (large & indie developers) who do it right & better than Props could have while retaining their stable environment.

It wont be an earth shaking event, except to the exclusive reason user & those he collaborates with.
I think it would take a lot of work for some of those instruments out there to be converted to work like Reason does. I am ready to see how it turns out and I get why Props went this way vs doing native plug in support but I am not sure that this will work in their favor even if done properly. It will be something that only Reason users will care about.

---------- Post added 03-25-2012 at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-24-2012 at 10:49 PM ----------

So there will not be a Nexus Rack Extension. REFX said none of their stuff will be ported over. At least that's what a post on the Props user forum says when someone emailed them about it.

Yall keep talking about Nexus... I don't get it. Isn't Nexus just a ROMpler????

So if ReFX had wanted to make Nexus compatible with Reason... could they not have just converted their sample format to NN-XT and made a Refill a looooong time ago???? Obviously, they are not interested, and I don't blame them.

Anyone expecting to see versions of sample based plugins is crazy, IMO. Any company that wanted to do this before could have done it with a Refill. They have chosen not to up until this point, so I see no reason for that to change.

I think all you are gonna see is some dumbed down versions of synths and FX. IMO nothing to get too excited about, but yeah if you already have 6 and are getting it for free, sure... why not?

I'm just saying I wouldn't get TOO excited about this. I love Reason, but I still have yet to find a good motivation to upgrade from version 4.

I am not sure that Nexus would port over well to the NNXT. The NNXT can only hold 92 multi samples plus there are the fx lathered on every sound in Nexus which would have to be recreated into combinators before RE or now with RE those FX would have to be a part of the RE itself. Sounds like a lot of work on their end because their library and libraries are so large.

OK guys, I have some answers for you. First Rack Extensions will be separate from other plugins. They are a completely new purchase. This is a good thing though. They will be much, much cheaper.

Second, Rack Extensions model doesn't support the way some plugins work. ReFX are NOT offering Nexus or any other products. I've already talked to them about it. The patch loading would be weird and they just don't support it. I think that is a very bad choice on their part though.

I've been doing lots of homework on this and talking to a lot of developers. Softube is on board. That's the most important thing. Next we need a sampler or ROMpler that supports the higher end sample based instruments. I predict Lexicon, Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia, Audio Damage, Nomad Factory, Fabfilter, Arturia and Rob Papen.

I really want to see the Applied Acoustic Systems synths, Superwave, Flux, Sonnox, Access Virus, Disco DSP, V.I.P. bundle for DontCrack.com though.

A third part developer would be very smart to get on board with Reason's rack extensions, because face it..everyone that tells you that they make beats or music either use fl studio or reason

These two programs are meant to be easy to use and for the workflow to be intuitive. Reason is for creative musicians NOT engineers. This was the best thing that propellerhead ever did...

A third part developer would be very smart to get on board with Reason's rack extensions, because face it..everyone that tells you that they make beats or music either use fl studio or reason

These two programs are meant to be easy to use and for the workflow to be intuitive. Reason is for creative musicians NOT engineers. This was the best thing that propellerhead ever did...
How often do you hear those mentioned outside of hip hop circles? I think many of us as hip hop heads forget about the rest of the music world and are often 2 or 3 years behind other genres especially cats that make Electronic Dance Music.

Okay, so bumping this thread up now that Reason 6.5 is out. What do you guys think?
I love the Peff Beat Repeater (Buffre), and Izotope did end up making a mastering Rack Extension, which is huge, in my opinion. I haven't tried the others out yet extensively, but man...the possibilities are truly endless now for strictly Reason users.

Okay, so bumping this thread up now that Reason 6.5 is out. What do you guys think?
I love the Peff Beat Repeater (Buffre), and Izotope did end up making a mastering Rack Extension, which is huge, in my opinion. I haven't tried the others out yet extensively, but man...the possibilities are truly endless now for strictly Reason users.
Its alright there are some RE I really like and some I don't care about. My favorite RE is Polar but I have not bought any yet. Waiting for Predator but I doubt I will buy it either. It sits in the same space as Sylenth 1 but Sylenth is more diverse than Predator. Both are very old school synths.

I have bought Poly6, Etch Red and Tsar-1R. Next month I'll get also Polar and Buffre. I'd like someone to release a decent Equalizer as RE.

I upgraded to Reason 6,5 and I am having issues with the new rack extensions. they do not download.
I wish when propellerhead announce a new version of Reason that they check to see if the upgrade and downloads work on all platforms.

I upgraded to Reason 6,5 and I am having issues with the new rack extensions. they do not download.
I wish when propellerhead announce a new version of Reason that they check to see if the upgrade and downloads work on all platforms.

They've got a thread for this over at the Props. site in the User Forum.

Back