Reason Rewire Question

ShamHooligan

Hey everyone, first time posting here! :D
Had a question hopefully someone could help me with. I've been trying to wrap my head around rewire between reason and ableton. Ableton of course being the master and reason being the slave. Usually, i just create an audio track in ableton and then just set "audio from" to reason, set the channels to what i routed the instrument to and then im good to go. What i'm having trouble with though is rewiring kong and redrum together. I can set individual tracks so i get sound from like a kick drum or a snare, but whenever i want to hear the kick drum played together with the snare, i cant do it. I have to click "arm" on either the kick, or the snare. not both (obviously). So how would i route it so that i can hear the kick drum playing, and hear the snare playing at the same time?

Normally i would just use the drum rack within Ableton because its basically the same thing as the kong if not better, but i really like the physical kick and snare modules within Kong.

Thanks!

are you saying you can't hear them together??? if that's the problem then you probably need to change the routing on kong so that the outputs are separate... I can make a template and send it to you if you'd like... do you have Reason 6 or 5?

Actually it sounds like you need to multi-arm... hold shift and click the arm buttons, so that you can arm more than one at a time...

Last edited:
You can also turn off "exclusive arm" from Live's preferences, which will allow you to arm multiple tracks w/o shift-clicking...

Back