QUICKEST Fad in HipHop? What Was It??

the huge florida style rims (30 +) on the donks, the ones where you gotta turn your car inch by freakin inch, complete with custom bart simpson butter finger bb paint job to match your nascar ricky bobby jacket.

i had one of them jackets once ( a mountain dew one)
my boy still wears them damn things.

as far as dudes mean mugging on random and all that jazz its over compensation for wearing the girl clothes.

its like they tryna say "yeah it look like i got a clit, but i'll still talk s@#$"
sort of like that kid in elementary class that had a girly name so he had to fight all the time (poor francis).

ey rome...love the u got on girl clothes video!!! lfmao...had me rollin..

I was hoping that she would get a lot of notoriety for that one. Beat and flow were pretty good to me.

I'm glad somebody made a song about it. I'm also glad it was a female.

that song reminded me off this battle, go to 3:10 look at how hard everybody laugh cause truth be hurting

Quickes fad in rap...EVER??

Das EFX rap style. That rhyme style lasted for about 3 songs before people got tired of it!

that song reminded me off this battle, go to 3:10 look at how hard everybody laugh cause truth be hurting

MAN! That was brutal.... even I didn't go that hard when I used to battle rap.

Ghat damn... now I know what "those are fighing words" means, lol.

That's real spit. Glad to see there are still people holding it down.

Arabic Swizz Beatz with split teeth... dawg, that wasn't right, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a tie between Hammer Pants & Snowboarding goggles.

album-my-way.jpg

LOL

Honorable mentions to spinning rims & anything made by FUBU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammer pants lasted as long as hammer did...which was a while.

And the goggles lasted for a number of years in the 90's.

Naaaaahhh.

U had Ganksta NIP. The Geto Boys dabbled in it a little. And I mean, to an extent, Eminem kept that shit going.

ICP. Brotha Lynch Hung. X Raided?

Good point especially with Brotha Lunch and X Raided, can't forget my Northern Cali brethrens.

I view Ganksta NIP as a pioneer to the sub-genre before it was identified as such similar to how Kool G Rap (shout to Schooly D) was a pioneer of the street reality sub-genre before it was officially classified with NWA, CMW, Geto Boys, etc...You can even go back to 'The Message' which was the first reality rap record.

Another quick hip hop fad was the hip hop/reggae fusion with artists like Mad Lion and Little Vicious. And yes KRS-One (shout to Shinehead) pioneered it in the 80's before it became out in full force in the mid 90's

Good point especially with Brotha Lunch and X Raided, can't forget my Northern Cali brethrens.

I view Ganksta NIP as a pioneer to the sub-genre before it was identified as such similar to how Kool G Rap (shout to Schooly D) was a pioneer of the street reality sub-genre before it was officially classified with NWA, CMW, Geto Boys, etc...You can even go back to 'The Message' which was the first reality rap record.

Another quick hip hop fad was the hip hop/reggae fusion with artists like Mad Lion and Little Vicious. And yes KRS-One (shout to Shinehead) pioneered it in the 80's before it became out in full force in the mid 90's

Yeah...I can see the NIP/G-Rap similarities.

And are u talking Hip Hop / Reggae as in Shabba Ranks???? I always put Mad Lion in that Dancehall category.

Yeah...I can see the NIP/G-Rap similarities.

And are u talking Hip Hop / Reggae as in Shabba Ranks???? I always put Mad Lion in that Dancehall category.

Mad Lion was more of a reggae/hip hop artist (chanting over hip hop breaks and beats) while Shabba was a true dancehall artist that crossed over.

Classic example is with Ini Kamoze with these two records:

Stepping It Hotter This Year - Dancehall

Here Comes The Hotstepper - Reggae-Hip Hop hybrid

I don't see the rap/raggae fusion as a fad...

What about the Marley children, and folks like Lyrikill on here? Granted, the reggae influence comes naturally to them because of where they are from and how they were raised, it's not like they're trying to force it. But it's still around...

Having your own shoe and clothing line

50 cent - G-unit sneakers and clothes
Eminem - Shady ltd
Jay-Z - S dot Carters/ Roc A Wear
Nelly - Vokal
Travis Barker - Famous Stars And Straps

etc and the list goes on.

Rappers/Singers with Cornrows

Bow wow had 'em
Dr Dre had 'em (Check out the end of "Let Me Blow Your Mind" video)
Ludacris had 'em
R.kelly had 'em

etc

Having an music video featering 2 songs.
1 is the main single and and the end a snippet from a new track

Juelz - Dipset anthem
D12 - How Come
Tony Yayo - Curious
Nelly - Dilemma

etc

Back