[Progressive House] No Brakes - Chris Van Gills

Well, thank you!
Comments like that from the Netherlands is the sweetest thing.
I hope some day I'll bring my technique as high as my inspiration. We all do so, don't we?
See you around!

Great work! Really like the different approach to the progressive side. Though like most others i miss the highs in the drop, personally I feel like some sounds need some more effects/mixing on them like the main synth in the drop, apart from that the song is really cool!

Well, thank you!
I gotta find a way to work it and get rid of the whole "muffled" feeling of the mix. There's a long way to go, but what I read here is real motivation.
Cheers, dude!

First of all this track is awesome! Your mixing is spot on and all the elements just fit together so perfectly. I love that Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 type lead that comes in during the middle of your first drop, it really fits the theme of your song. Like other members have been saying, you need to broaden your range of frequencies a bit - too much mud (mid frequencies). I am also a bit unsure about that really squelchy/dirty acid sound that can be heard throughout the track in the background; I think it is a bit too dry - add some more reverb (if there even is any) to it.

Your track has great energy and is already really good, but there is just some fine tweaking to make it amazing.

Due to only signing up to this forum today I am not yet allowed post links until I make five posts, but if you wouldn't mind leaving me feedback, search for 'Caught Up In You - UK Garage - F4F' on the forum or just look on the EDM feedback thread.

Aha another Belgian producer, just registered here. I'm as well from the Brussels area so not fare from you I guess.

Like how you made your track, it is not directly my style, its a bit too techno / old school for me. The track has a lot going on, different sounds and effects yet they don't clash with each other so that's cool. Will post some tracks here as well, so would appreciate your feedback as well Chris.

So let's put Brussels on the map of electronic music, bro! Be shure I'll listen to your productions.
I first got the idea of this track by listening to a track of Sander Van Doorn called "Oh Amazing Bass". It had that little acid vibe and less breaks than usual progressive house/electro house.
I think Progressive House/Electro House nowadays has got too many "pauses", too many times in a song where you're actually not dancing. I felt it pretty hard last time I went to Tomorrowland so from that point, I used to try to put some Tech/Acid vibes in my Progressive House/Electro House in order to keep the momentum of dancing all track long...but I'm aware that there's a long way to go...!
Thanks for sharing anyway!

Back