Producers!!!! Quit now before its too late!!!!

SFTRAXX

West Coast Rap Producer
Are you sure you want to do this??

Working with one of the top artists in the US [and your picture is with him half the time] and they still don't recognize you....

#smh

#fail

:bigeyes:

This proves that people pay attention to and ignore what they want to and if it isn't an overrated pseudo-celeb's marriage, etc. chances are they don't care.

I think this proves a number of things like:

1. The average music consumer only knows "good songs" and the artists associated with that song.
2. The days of the glorified super producer are long gone.
3. Producers [and music industry heads] are the only ones really trippin off the production side of music.
4. If you are producing music for notoriety purposes you might wanna think again...

Who says macklemore is the top artist in the U.S? I know people who wouldn't know who the hell he was, let alone Ryan Lewis. These guys are not as big as they think they are. I Still don't know why Snooki's famous ::shrugs::

If you produce to get recognition from the general public you're in the wrong business.

They are all pros at media whoring and whining like a *****.

They also give the people what they want. Drama. People are drawn to that sh*t.

Back on topic though:

Where do y'all think Ryan Lewis will be when Macklemore is out of the spotlight?

Rick Rubin is a super-duper-producer. A star in this industry, easily. That doesn't change the probability that 99% of Earth's population has no idea who he is or what he looks like.

People... we here are MUSIC NERDS. We know what Ryan Lewis looks like.

Can you pick out what Anze Kopitar looks like?.... Didn't think so! Me neither! But he's playing for the LA Kings hockey team in the Stanley Cup Finals for the 2nd time in 3 years. A great player. A pretty big deal... to HOCKEY NERDS.

None of this means you shouldn't be a producer, or that you should quit coz people don't know your face. If you want fame, go out and do something dumb. That seems to work these days...

He's winning!
Most composers, writers, producer are not known by the general public.
In his circle he's well known, gets all the sex he wants, and the money is good because he makes the tracks.
The average person might not know his face, but he's doing damn good at this point.

That redhead.... wooooo!!! Anyways very funny, and producing is a behind the scenes job only some become more than that.

2. The days of the glorified super producer are long gone.
Not necessarily, but to be a glorified producer requires some level of artistry, whether it's DJing (Diplo), rapping and singing (Pharrell), or even compilation albums like Mike Will. You have to be your own brand separate from the artist(s) you work with.

4. If you are producing music for notoriety purposes you might wanna think again...
This is very true.

LOOOL! That video.

However... Music production shouldn't be and never should be about fame. Why would you want to be famous? Your job is to make the music, that's what we love doing. Look at J Dilla, he made music for music, not for fame.

silly topic. Pretty much nobody would recognize max martin and he's worth $250 mil. Why would anybody quit because fans don't recognize behind the scenes people? should mastering engineers quit too? pls go

Not necessarily, but to be a glorified producer requires some level of artistry, whether it's DJing (Diplo), rapping and singing (Pharrell), or even compilation albums like Mike Will. You have to be your own brand separate from the artist(s) you work with.

No one "knows" Diplo any more than they'd know Ryan Lewis. They go to clubs to have fun and he happens to be there spinning as part of a "package deal". Like..."we're going out to dance, drink, holla at some chicks...and Diplo's DJing!!! He's interchangeable with Ryan Lewis if the venue is properly promoted.

Pharrell is absolutely an artist. Even though we as producers know him as "a producer", fans look at him as an artist above everything else like Prince or Rick James.

Mike Will...he's probably about as "known by face" as Ryan lewis was before he did that segment, lol. Now more people know what Ryan looks like by far.

To be fair though, the people he interviewed were most likely not hip hop fans, as they had probably only heard Macklemore and Ryan Lewis on the radio or seen the music videos. The music videos don't feature Ryan Lewis all that prominently so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't recognize him.

Back