Possible TASCAM FW 1082 Problem.. Opinions.

SilentKillah

My setup contains a Yamaha MOTIF XS6 with USB to my computerand two audio cables connected to my TASCAM FW-1082. Audio output from the MOTIF are left to INPUT 1 on the 1082 and right to INPUT 2. The 1082 is connected by firewire to the computer on XP. When opening Cubase 4 with a MIDI channel and MOTIF selected (studio manager synced), the audio will only play out of the left monitor. When the monitors are directly connected to the MOTIF, both monitors work. Also, music on the computer plays from both monitors. It's just the internal routing from the inputs directed toward the right output of the 1082. All drivers and firmware has updated to try to solve the problem... no joy.

Do you guys think this is a setup problem, or a repair type problem? I've had this setup since 2007, and this is the first time that I've experienced this. All equipment was disconnected since I moved and now I have this. Even wiped the harddrive to start fresh... nothing works.

Oh... and when I have a VST routed in Cubase (Omnisphere, Trilogy, Kontakt), they play out of both monitors. Input would be from the MOTIF with output to the VST. Seems like it's hardware to me, but just want to get some other opinions before sending it off.

Back