Possible Setup

enovativ

I am in the process of gaining the following pieces of equipment :

MPC 2000XL

Behringer 32 Track Mixer

MOTIF ES Rack

E-MU MO PHAT RAC

What I would like to know from all on here. I would like to create beats for dirty south beats...particularly beats for Texas artists.....would anyone feel that this is a good choice of equipment ?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

No real reason for having a 32 channel console unless you plan you mix out of the box.

IMO you are better off mixing In the box. Scrap the desk and get some form of audio interface and Reaper.

-Diesel

If you use Hardware (ie the MPC and the Morif and EMU racks) then you will need a way to record the audio. Like a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) Reaper is a DAW it will record tracks of audio and allow you to edit and mix them. You will also need a PC and somekind of audio interface (basically a sound card with inputs and outputs) to get the audio tracks into Reaper.

Reaper is just one of many DAWs, and there are lots of PCs and Audio Interfaces out there. Too many infact. lol

Also, I would suggest somekind of MIDI keyboard to hook up with the MPC/Motif/EMU so you can play the keys. (The racks have no keys, but ya prolly knew that)

Reaper (IMO) is THE best Daw. Regardless of price. I've turned into an Obi when it comes to pushing Reaper. I see why everyone who user reaper talks about it like they do.

Back